Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 3      Prev   1   2   3   Next
tinydancers

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #26 
When you have to keep an extra t shirt in your car so your child doesn't walk into stores/restaurants in sports bras and booty shorts. We've forgotten before and raised some eyebrows. It's so normal to us I forget that most kids don't walk around that way.
kmpmom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #27 
When she's trying on clothes at the mall and from under the door you see her pointing her feet as she looks in the mirror.

And don't get me started on the incessant tapping ...... 
crafty1

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #28 
You know your child is a dancer when you catch her tap dancing quietly while singing in choir at church.
bopmom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #29 
when she Chasses instead of skipping through the house or other random places.

her posture compare to other pre-teens at school
dncemom01

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #30 
When she comes home from the first master classes of the season proud that she has blisters and has ripped off callouses from dancing so hard.
my2miracles

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #31 
When she stands still no matter where she's at, she's in 3rd position.
jeanne4379

Triple Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #32 
.............when the end of Nutcracker comes on at the mall and you both start doing the parts as they come on for their bows.
tappinmom

Double Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #33 
When the school teachers main complaint is that DS taps all day under his desk.  [smile]
trumpets123

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #34 
yeah right [smile]
it makes you dance too ,if you saw your daughter/son beats with the sound [smile]
krzy4vt

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #35 
You know your child is a dancer when:

You here your dancer in the shower attempting to tap and rehearse to her competition piece.  Don't worry I made her stop because I was scared to death she may fall in the shower.
Shaylenek

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #36 
When school teachers remark at parent-teacher conferences that your child is always moving and doesn't even realize it.  

When you get your car professionally cleaned to get out the glitter, false eye lashes and hair pins.
LoveJillyLilly2Dance

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #37 
My DD was doing fouettes in the freezer section at the grocery store last night, like it was completely normal. She will also do fouettes, seconds, or multiple pirouettes in those show-off circles. #mykidsaturner
crafty1

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #38 
I love this thread sooo much! It makes me smile.
Annaliesey

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #39 
When they get entered for long jump at school sports day because of their grand jetes
disneymom2two

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #40 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinydancers
When you have to keep an extra t shirt in your car so your child doesn't walk into stores/restaurants in sports bras and booty shorts. We've forgotten before and raised some eyebrows. It's so normal to us I forget that most kids don't walk around that way.

After last night, I'll be doing this.  She usually remembers to bring a shirt but last night, we had to go home before going out to eat because her bra top would not have been appropriate attire [smile]
crafty1

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #41 
I can't tell you how many times we have gone out to eat dinner either immediately after a comp or during one, in full hair and makeup. We don't bat an eye until we see patrons giving us strange looks. DD looks very young for her age.  People often think she is anywhere from 10-12. She just turned 15. That much makeup must really look strange, especially since older daughter and I often wear minimal makeup.

We don't even think about it. So I get the bra top and booty shorts thing also. I have had to grab top, shorts and yes, undies for her before we go out after dance.
StepLeap

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #42 
I'm having the best chuckle at some of these!![rofl]
Suzit42

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #43 
When the track coach sees her long legs, knows her work ethic and knows she is a dancer and tries desperately to get her to run hurdles (btw, absolutely not)

When a passenger in your back seat remarks about the not clean underwear in the backseat. Well sometimes you have to pick your kid up from choir and drive, down wooded roads, straight to ballet. Then your backseat area becomes a changing area.

When DD and her fellow dancers go to an amusement park and you notice that everyone of them has their hair in a bun.

When a complete stranger looks at your then 10 year old DD in a hotel elevator and asks if your mama lets you wear that much makeup.

When Saturday's at the studio are mandatory and your entire family has accepted that weekend getaways ain't gonna happen.

When you don't bat an eye at the Bun Net on the hardwood floor. Others might think it's dirt or a hair ball, you know better.

When one room in your house has a wall covered in mirrors. And it's not for adult fun

When your local pizza place asks if your order needs to be delivered to your house or the dance studio.

When you watch your DDs HS choir and think, jeez they need stage makeup, a defined hairstyle and matching jewelry

When you know that DD has already choreographed her first dance with her husband at her wedding reception.
BCdancemom

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #44 
You know your kid is a dancer when

you run out of closet space for all the old costumes that she just can't part with
danceJ15

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #45 
Quote:
Originally Posted by crafty1
I can't tell you how many times we have gone out to eat dinner either immediately after a comp or during one, in full hair and makeup. We don't bat an eye until we see patrons giving us strange looks. DD looks very young for her age.  People often think she is anywhere from 10-12. She just turned 15. That much makeup must really look strange, especially since older daughter and I often wear minimal makeup.

We don't even think about it. So I get the bra top and booty shorts thing also. I have had to grab top, shorts and yes, undies for her before we go out after dance.

I don't wear much makeup if at all either. I usually try and get DD hair and makeup done at home without all the chaos so when I want to stop by on our way to the comp to get a coffee she gets some strange looks. One time, the guy at the coffee shop asked if she was a dancer and where she was dancing. He said his sister danced and knew the look, LOL.
disneymom2two

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #46 
Quote:
Originally Posted by danceJ15

I don't wear much makeup if at all either. I usually try and get DD hair and makeup done at home without all the chaos so when I want to stop by on our way to the comp to get a coffee she gets some strange looks. One time, the guy at the coffee shop asked if she was a dancer and where she was dancing. He said his sister danced and knew the look, LOL.

When we're going to comp or recital, we're supposed to show up with all makeup and hair done.  I always need to stop and get an ice tea at Dunkin Donuts.  Jess usually wears her team track jacket so it's obvious she's a dancer but there've been a few times people have looked at her oddly. 
alisonr01

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #47 
When you 3 year old says, "5-6-7-8" instead of "1-2-3-go"
Mittenmom3

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #48 
Fun thread. I'm joining in late, but...

When the tv cabinet is used for wall splits while she watches a show.

When I do a 360 scan around my great room and every horizontal surface contains her dance bag, bobby pins, toe pads, or her therabands. Oh, and there's an iflex hanging on our door leading to the basement.

When she can recognize classical music on the radio and name the ballet associated with it.

When dd and her cohorts named their DTs baby girl Balanchine before she was born. Not the name she ended up with, thankfully. Lol!

When its second nature for me to consult the dance schedule before scheduling anything else!

Oh so many more that have already been mentioned. Thanks for the giggles.
Winterjoy

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #49 
You know your child is a dancer when

She is the only one jumping sautées to warm up in the line up for the 100 metres sprint at the school sports carnival.
jazzminesun81

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #50 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterjoy
You know your child is a dancer when She is the only one jumping sautées to warm up in the line up for the 100 metres sprint at the school sports carnival.

Haha! When they decide jogathon is a great place to practice their leaps and aerials!

When they can't pick up anything off of the floor without going into a panche (sp? right term?).

When the tool corral at Home Depot is the perfect place to practice spotting turns.

When you go to 5ks, and perfect strangers stand there gawking at your DD's crazy stretches.

When she grabbed her 2yo little sister's feet and told her she shouldn't sickle her feet.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.