Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Dancer1313

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #1 
This will be our first time at competing at YAGP (March in Toronto). I was reading about the scoring/awards online. What are the Grand Prix and the Hope awards? The website doesn't really say much about them. What is required to win one of these awards?? I know that Grand Prix is for older, more advanced dancers and I believe the Hope award is for pre-comp dancers, am I correct??
PasDeChatMom

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #2 
From the Rules & Regulations: 

"The Grand Prix Award is presented in the Senior age division, Youth Grand Prix Award is presented in the Junior age division, and the Hope Award is presented in the Pre-Competitive Age division. These awards are for dancers who, per the YAGP jury panel, have exceeded all other dancers in their division in both the Classical Ballet and Contemporary/Open Dance categories. Participants must perform both a Classical Variation and a Contemporary/Open Solo in order to be eligible for these awards."

Dancer1313

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Thanks a bunch! [smile] 
tendumom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Don't be surprised if they are not awarded at whatever regional you go to. These two are both special awards and are not always given. Quite an honor to get one!
Dancer1313

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #5 
So the Hope award, Youth Grand Prix and Grand Prix awards are all the same thing (same idea and meaning), but given out in different age categories? 

PasDeChatMom

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancer1313
So the Hope award, Youth Grand Prix and Grand Prix awards are all the same thing (same idea and meaning), but given out in different age categories? 

Yes. And as tendumom said they aren't always awarded at regional and even sometimes at the NYC final. All of the previous year's results are on the YAGP.org website so you can look through both regional and final results.
Dancer1313

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #7 
Thx! [smile]
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.