Author   Comment  
heidi459

Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Is it possible?  
beetle1

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Just email the yagp regional email to confirm and then you have to probably go into dance comp genie website (or your school) to edit. As long as they haven't passed the final corrections deadline (and haven't submitted music) I believe you're fine.
heidi459

Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Is the final corrections deadline the same as the deadline for payment... which would be 60 days out?  The last email I have says the 2nd round of corrections... not sure how many rounds there are.
Rebelina

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Our last deadline for changes was exactly a week out from the event. Unless you are competing next weekend you should be fine.
heidi459

Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Thank you!  She's not competing until early March.
joriebelle

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 
We go February 2nd and I just made changes last week.  I usually register right when registration opens because Chicago closes fast.   Then I go back later and adjust the details.  For the initial registration I called her contemporary pieces Contemporary 1 and 2.  She didn't start/finish choreo for the 2nd piece until last week.
Dancingdd

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #7 
Out of curiosity, how much does it cost in total? It lists $95 to register but then you pay a balance.
heidi459

Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #8 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancingdd
Out of curiosity, how much does it cost in total? It lists $95 to register but then you pay a balance.

From their website: 

Classical or Contemporary Solo - $105 for each solo entry • Pas de Deux - $105 per dancer, per entry • Contemporary Pas de Deux - $60 per dancer, per entry • Duet/Trio - $60 per dancer, per entry • Large Ensembles (4+ members) - $45 per dancer, per entry

The $95 covers the Master Classes and a $50 non-refundable processing fee.

heidi459

Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
Originally Posted by joriebelle
We go February 2nd and I just made changes last week.  I usually register right when registration opens because Chicago closes fast.   Then I go back later and adjust the details.  For the initial registration I called her contemporary pieces Contemporary 1 and 2.  She didn't start/finish choreo for the 2nd piece until last week.

Good to know.  I entered what she was planning to do but she's set to start rehearsing in the next week or so and suddenly she's having second thoughts about one of the classicals.
gymanddance

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #10 
We registered everything as TBA and then just corrected it once we knew which variations she was doing. I still haven't gone in and changed it to the exact times.
karenc

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #11 
Same as gymanddance.  We just put the maximum time allowed and corrected it when we sent the music in.  YAGP is pretty flexible about that.
heidi459

Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #12 
Quote:
Originally Posted by karenc
Same as gymanddance.  We just put the maximum time allowed and corrected it when we sent the music in.  YAGP is pretty flexible about that.

I actually did do that initially but edited after the '2nd round of corrections' email (which came at the same time as final payment was due).  Haven't sent the music in yet.... I didn't see a deadline for that.  I imagine I'll be getting that email at some point.  
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.