Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
5678StarMom

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #1 
I thought I'd start a thread for the ballet comp moms here to discuss 2018 competitions coming up!

DD15 is attending YAGP in Kansas City with 2 classicals and a contemporary. I was shocked that we already were emailed a list of attendees yesterday! The competition isn't until March! I guess between Nutcracker, other performances, and just general YAGP prep

We were originally wanting to enter into additional ballet based competitions, but we've found nutcracker to be keeping her too busy to get prepped any earlier this year, plus coming back from an injury has proven to be difficult!
heidi459

Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Dd17 is doing Boston.  The plan is for 2 classicals and a contemp as well but right now she's knee deep in Nutcracker and studio showcases so she won't make any solid decisions until January.  She might do the Connecticut Classic and/or the one I asked about more recently.. VKIBC... in nyc.  Not sure yet.  Friends are trying to get us to go to ADC in Florida but it'd cost more than I'd like to spend.
meatball77

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
We're doing the March Boston YAGP, the CT Classic and ASH.  Two classicals and a contemporary (we'll see if they let us do three solos at ASH).  She's also performing her new variation for a training session for a competition tomorrow.  That should be interesting.
iceberg*lover

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #4 
I have a few costumes in the works for various YAGP regionals. And I had a tutu dancing in Paris this past weekend, she made top 12!

Does that count?? they're my babies too!!
ggsmith

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Heidi if you make it to ADC please let me know!  We are not far from St. Petersburg and may come just to watch.  I'd love to meet you and see your lovely dancer perform!  

DD is focusing on training this year and frankly, I can't afford competitions right now anyway.  We have friends competing in Tampa at YAGP and will go to watch.
heidi459

Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsmith
Heidi if you make it to ADC please let me know!  We are not far from St. Petersburg and may come just to watch.  I'd love to meet you and see your lovely dancer perform!  

DD is focusing on training this year and frankly, I can't afford competitions right now anyway.  We have friends competing in Tampa at YAGP and will go to watch.

aww thanx, I will!  I don't think we will right now but you never know.  There's always that possibility that some as yet unknown could change my mind  lol
Ktyyyyyyy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 
DD has competed at YAGP for the past 7 years. This will be her first year not doing YAGP. 😥 Good luck to everybody competing!
judie

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #8 
No solos at YAGP for us this year, and I am so glad. Depending on schedule may try to slip Starquest into the weekend before she performs in the ensemble with her company.
Rebelina

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #9 
This will be my DD’s first year competing at YAGP. She is 11 so she will be in pre-competitive. She is doing a classical, a contemporary and a contemporary duet. We are attending in Denver which is mid-January so it is coming up fast!
gymanddance

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #10 
Quote:
Originally Posted by heidi459
Dd17 is doing Boston.  The plan is for 2 classicals and a contemp as well but right now she's knee deep in Nutcracker and studio showcases so she won't make any solid decisions until January.  She might do the Connecticut Classic and/or the one I asked about more recently.. VKIBC... in nyc.  Not sure yet.  Friends are trying to get us to go to ADC in Florida but it'd cost more than I'd like to spend.

We got an Airbnb within walking distance to the ADC venues for a quarter of the price of the host hotels. Otherwise it would have been way more than I wanted to spend as well. 
Phx115

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #11 
YAGP in Toronto. It's her last year in precompetitive so we decided this would be her last year doing YAGP. The free hotel makes it cheaper than a weekend of a regional comp.
heidi459

Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #12 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gymanddance

We got an Airbnb within walking distance to the ADC venues for a quarter of the price of the host hotels. Otherwise it would have been way more than I wanted to spend as well. 

Thanks for the tip!

joriebelle

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #13 
DD13 is doing YAGP Chicago in February.  She's bringing 3 classical and 2 contemporary.  It's coming up quick!
cfdancemom

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #14 
DD12 is doing YAGP this year in Toronto. She is bringing one classical and one contemporary. 
PasDeChatMom

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #15 
My daughter is doing YAGP for the first time this year. She has one classical variation and one contemporary and is in the junior category. Multiple regionals seem to be a thing in our area (most of the local ballet and dance schools send their dancers to multiple cities) - she's signed up for Vegas and Phoenix.
Candance123

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #16 
MY dd is doing a contemporary solo in YAGP in Phoenix this year. First time at YAGP so it should be interesting--has competitive experiences previously but just not this particular series. Any tips from the seasoned pros out there about oddities/traditions/etiquette that are particular to YAGP? Thanks!

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.