Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
dad_of_four

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Starquest Dance

To keep my self sane, I wrote: CORVETTE PAYMENT on the Memo Line [crazy][crazy][crazy][crazy]
Phx115

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #2 
That's painful, but hilarious!!
birdmom

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #3 
I keep telling my husband that we are going to have a room full of money that we can roll around naked in once all the kids are out of college. 
rdsmom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Um, imagine having 2 dancers. Double it, and you have my tuition plus comp fees for Dec, Jan, and Feb, [smile] 
disneymom2two

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdsmom
Um, imagine having 2 dancers. Double it, and you have my tuition plus comp fees for Dec, Jan, and Feb, [smile] 

I can't imagine.  Our neighbors have 2 girls on the elite team at our studio.  The comp we're going to in a couple of weeks came to 690 for them and that's only one comp.  They'll bring all their dances to one other comp and then their 4 specialty dances to 3 others plus nationals.  Monthly tuition is about 700 for the two.  That makes my head hurt!  I'm glad I only have one dancer and that my son's sports were pretty cheap when he was in school. 
dave9988

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:

Wait ... $1600, all fees (tuition & fees) for 3 full months?  That almost sounds downright reasonable.
lovemykids

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave9988

Wait ... $1600, all fees (tuition & fees) for 3 full months?  That almost sounds downright reasonable.

Totally reasonable! That's how much I pay for 1 dancer!
dancindaughter

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:

Totally reasonable! That's how much I pay for 1 dancer!

Totally agree that it sounds reasonable unfortunately.  Although we are not competing this year, I was paying $500/month for one dancer, not including solo rehearsals or entry fees.
tappinmom

Double Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #9 
The most I paid for unlimited class plus a solo and duet was $375/month.  That was enough.  However, costumes at $200 minimum each and comp fees averaged $500/comp.
NCKDAD

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #10 
Yeah two that compete 15 dances... ironically retirement date falls the same year that the younger dancer finishes her senior year...

But I like to write funny things on the bottom of my checks like "selling my soul to pay for dance" "50 pairs of tights" "a thousand dollar trophy" etc...
tapstermom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #11 
I feel you, or I used too.  I am glad those days are over.   When my dd was a senior, in one week I spent over $1,000 on her.  Of course, 300.00 of that was to her college as a deposit.  I then had two dance competitions to pay for that were close together.  It was a rough week!  
DanceMomLaura

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #12 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dad_of_four
Starquest Dance

To keep my self sane, I wrote: CORVETTE PAYMENT on the Memo Line [crazy][crazy][crazy][crazy]

That's hysterical!!!!! 
rdsmom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #13 
Quote:

Um, I wish. It was $1600 PER MONTH for those 3 months... Sorry I wasn't clear. [smile]
dave9988

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #14 
Quote:

Um, I wish. It was $1600 PER MONTH for those 3 months... Sorry I wasn't clear. [smile]

Whoa, thanks for the clarification! 
That's serious money, even for dance!!!!
dancermom128

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #15 
This is why my DD left her stufio and only competes a solo now. We could pay $750 for maybe 45 minutes of stage time or instead do 3 conventions and get maybe 36 hours!
momofdanceobsessed

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #16 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancermom128
This is why my DD left her stufio and only competes a solo now. We could pay $750 for maybe 45 minutes of stage time or instead do 3 conventions and get maybe 36 hours!

Yes!!! I added up what it cost us to compete 1 group. It was $400 a year for choreo, costume, and comp fees. That was $2000 for all her groups this year. Just doesn't make sense for us anymore!
changole

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #17 
Yep....
That sounds about right. I have two competition dancers and the registration fees are painful.... especially when there is a convention involved. I have one with a solo this year, and now the other is determined to have a duo or trio with her best friend(a) on top of the team numbers... 🤑🤑🤑
sandj

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #18 
OP hilarious! Lol. Love it! Just wait till college kcks in though. You will then look back and wish for those dance payments again. 😉
PastrySugar

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #19 
Meeeee toooo! Its killing me! Why cant they just like to write books or run. 😫
disneymom2two

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #20 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandj
OP hilarious! Lol. Love it! Just wait till college kcks in though. You will then look back and wish for those dance payments again. 😉

My son's a college freshman (not a dancer but lots of money needed for tuition, books, fees, room and board, gas to come home, and ROTC stuff) and my daughter's 11 and has 7 more years of dance before graduating high school.  I figure when they're both out of college, I'll be rolling in all that money I won't be paying out any longer [wink]
sarahannexo

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #21 
Quote:

Sweet baby Jesus. [redface]
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: