Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
mmercer1313

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #26 
I think Eve is amazing at what she does. I just wish there was more dancing. That regular competition example was also amazing but it went from one trick to the next pretty much for more than half way through. I kept waiting to see her actually dance. Plus I'm sorry but why must the costumes be so skimpy? I truely don't understand. The only time my daughter has ever worn a 2 piece costume was when she was an Arabian in the Nutcracker and they always wear a nude leotard. Our dance studio doesn't do these skimpy 2 piece or 2 piece costumes w/ an exposed mid section. That being said our studio is a ballet studio for the most part. So I yeah, I was more disappointed in what she wore than all of the tricks.
momcrew

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #27 
Sometimes when I watch these solos where all they do is stick their leg up and hold it, all I can think of is this:
Image result for look at my leg meme
ballerinamom13

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #28 
momcrew - that is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
rdsmom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #29 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballerinamom13
momcrew - that is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ditto! 

FWIW, DD is exactly the same age as Eva, and has competed against her. She got a perfect score on her River solo at Hall of Fame. This is the Hall of Fame in St. Paul, that had 1200 entries at a regional at the beginning of May, so there were something like 165 teen advanced solos!
BallerinaPaisley06

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #30 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel2228
Kinda neat for us, my dd competed a few years ago against Taylor Hatala, one of the girls in the hip hop hop duet that 'battled' Eva's solo. There were only 8-10 duets in the category and they get their critiques and adjudication onstage after. Dd was super nervous they would be completely in a different league. But dd and her partner held their own [smile] Dd has also taken classes with Tate McRae, yay! Go Alberta! She definitely didn't favour her extensions in class. Very well rounded. But I guess that's what gets the views and draws the people in to watch.

GO ALBERTA!!  I live in the same town as Taylor, Taylor and my son went to preschool together, she's a great dancer.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: