Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
momcrew

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #26 
Sometimes when I watch these solos where all they do is stick their leg up and hold it, all I can think of is this:
Image result for look at my leg meme
ballerinamom13

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #27 
momcrew - that is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
rdsmom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #28 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballerinamom13
momcrew - that is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ditto! 

FWIW, DD is exactly the same age as Eva, and has competed against her. She got a perfect score on her River solo at Hall of Fame. This is the Hall of Fame in St. Paul, that had 1200 entries at a regional at the beginning of May, so there were something like 165 teen advanced solos!
BallerinaPaisley06

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #29 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel2228
Kinda neat for us, my dd competed a few years ago against Taylor Hatala, one of the girls in the hip hop hop duet that 'battled' Eva's solo. There were only 8-10 duets in the category and they get their critiques and adjudication onstage after. Dd was super nervous they would be completely in a different league. But dd and her partner held their own [smile] Dd has also taken classes with Tate McRae, yay! Go Alberta! She definitely didn't favour her extensions in class. Very well rounded. But I guess that's what gets the views and draws the people in to watch.

GO ALBERTA!!  I live in the same town as Taylor, Taylor and my son went to preschool together, she's a great dancer.
mahoganyDANCE

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #30 
I don't like they changed the format of this competition but I get it. 

I also think the judges they chose besides Derek were not qualified. I mean J-LO really? 

Les Twins....Congrats
Twinkletoesx2

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #31 
It seemed fairly obvious throughout the series that Les Twins would win. I like them a lot and they seem like good guys but Kinjaz & Super Crew are so much better. One of them should have been in the finals. I.think Keone & Mari should have been in the finals as well.

I enjoyed watching all the talent but think the format and judging leave a lot to be desired.

Love how excited Derek gets during and after some of the dance, it was adorable [smile]

I think it was wring for JLo to say anything after Eva's 1st dance tonight before they even locked in the scores.
mahoganyDANCE

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #32 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkletoesx2
It seemed fairly obvious throughout the series that Les Twins would win. I like them a lot and they seem like good guys but Kinjaz & Super Crew are so much better. One of them should have been in the finals. I.think Keone & Mari should have been in the finals as well. I enjoyed watching all the talent but think the format and judging leave a lot to be desired. Love how excited Derek gets during and after some of the dance, it was adorable [smile] I think it was wring for JLo to say anything after Eva's 1st dance tonight before they even locked in the scores.

Les Twins, Super Crew, and Kinjaz as well as most of the other teams have won this competition before. 
Noel

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #33 
mahoganyDance this competition existed before? I had no idea !
mahoganyDANCE

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #34 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noel
mahoganyDance this competition existed before? I had no idea !

Yes. It's one of the biggest hip hop competitions every year which is why they were able to "bring" on so many big names--seriously, look at the background of these dancers Les Twins toured with Beyonce as her only male dancers for a couple of years. I think they added the contemporary dancers  (I've never seen them at the other competitions) and obviously increased the prize money.

It started in like 2008 and was a way for bigger names to compete against each other from across the world. 
Noel

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #35 
Thank you, mahoganyDance ! Very interesting !

DD is just not a hip hop kid, it does not run in her veins. It was so much fun to discover the teams like Kinjaz, Super Crew, Les Twins... it was all brand new to us. We were hooked for sure. It was all at such a higher level than the majority of the hip hop we'd seen in the All Star world. There is one All Star team locally that is simply incredible, in my opinion, and I believe that they really could hang at a competition like this, no doubt. I wonder if they've ever considered it?
Twinkletoesx2

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #36 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahoganyDANCE

Yes. It's one of the biggest hip hop competitions every year which is why they were able to "bring" on so many big names--seriously, look at the background of these dancers Les Twins toured with Beyonce as her only male dancers for a couple of years. I think they added the contemporary dancers  (I've never seen them at the other competitions) and obviously increased the prize money.

It started in like 2008 and was a way for bigger names to compete against each other from across the world. 

Yes, we attended one this year but the format is not the same. Obviously there were dancers and crews on the show that have and do work in a professional capacity. The actual comp was all hip hop, crews, one on one battles etc. There were no other dance styles.
2dornot2d

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #37 
Ok that's why the name sounded familiar...

Do you all remember those 7 year old girls (who also did my boyfriend's back) competing/performing single ladies several years ago? I remember the background said World of Dance. Is this the competition you are talking about?

Also Asia Monet Ray performed her controversial "Lion tamer" dance with grown male dancers at World of Dance. I didn't know it was a hip hop dance competition.
tappinmom

Double Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #38 
I believe World of Dance the TV show is completely different from World Hip Hop Dance Championships which was where Asia Money Ray danced.
mahoganyDANCE

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #39 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tappinmom
I believe World of Dance the TV show is completely different from World Hip Hop Dance Championships which was where Asia Money Ray danced.

You are talking about Hip Hop International which is another competition. 
Twinkletoesx2

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #40 
The show is different from the WOD comps. The show is affiliated but the comps ate strictly hip hop. At least the ones we have attended.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: