Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
BallerinaPaisley06

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Is anyone going to this in December 2017?  I guess it was in Germany last year.

I don't have many details about it, other than my daughter making the team.  She tried out just for the experience and we didn't think she'd actually make it.

Thanks.
gymanddance

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
We have two friends who also made the team. Comp dancers who compete ALOT. One who is pretty well known in the comp world and has something like 50,000 IG followers.
Manitobadancemom

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #3 
My DD's went to Germany last year to compete for Canada in tap on the junior team and had a wonderful experience. Brought home a silver medal (I think the US brought home the gold but we were just so thrilled to be Top 3 we didn't care who beat us [smile] Tap is always held annually in Riesa, Germany and then the ballet/jazz/modern competition is held in Poland. My DD's dance friends went to the Poland competition a couple of years ago and enjoyed it as well. 
Angel2228

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #4 
We know someone who went. Their solo placed top three in a category at 'Worlds', yet in our small city a few months later, they were third. So I'm not sure how strong the competition would be. Each year is probably different. I love the idea of combining and training with most likely a stronger team than your home studio. Makes them realize at a younger age how they are allies with each other, not competition, as they will be seeing them around for the next few years.
But anyways, they went, spent A LOT of money and are happy with their once in a lifetime experience. The team training is huge. The team choreographer in your and my area is AMAZING, my dd adores her(them). She's taken a few classes there and learned so much 😊

Congrats to your DD!!
BallerinaPaisley06

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Thanks everyone for the replies.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: