Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
NCKDAD

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #1 
We have had about a week without dance. And I am not going to lie, it has been wonderful.

Choreography is in full swing and that can be a little intense for all parties involved. I look forward to when it is all complete and cleaned, but the next month isn't going to be fun at all, IMO. 

Then when I look at what still needs to be finished, I get panicky. ENTIRE dances still need to be choreographed. And almost all the others finished. I just don't see why it seems we are so behind this year. (Although it probably is comparable to years past- i just blocked that out of memory.) There is a lot to do in a little time. Things are going to be... again, I can not think of another word... INTENSE (and therefore TENSE). 

I will be avoiding the studio as much as possible.  

So little time! So much to do! And I have no control over any of it!!!!!!!
Jacaranda

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
For us it’s the Summer holidays! Dance year and school year are over.
AussieBalletMum

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Yep, enjoying a dance free few weeks over summer.  At least until Dance Camp later this month.
momcrew

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCKDAD
Then when I look at what still needs to be finished, I get panicky. ENTIRE dances still need to be choreographed. And almost all the others finished. I just don't see why it seems we are so behind this year. (Although it probably is comparable to years past- i just blocked that out of memory.) There is a lot to do in a little time. Things are going to be... again, I can not think of another word... INTENSE (and therefore TENSE). 

I will be avoiding the studio as much as possible.  

So little time! So much to do! And I have no control over any of it!!!!!!!

We must go to the same studio [wink] We're in the same boat and I too will continue to avoid the studio which is what I do anyway. 
my2miracles

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 
We're in the same boat.  The studio tried to do choreo early but the SR team was a struggle because some girls couldn't/wouldn't commit. In the end, there aren't enough dancers to have a senior team so DD15 is doing 2 solos, 1 trio, 1 duet and 1 dance with the musical theater and Jr teams.  Choreo is done on the solos but DD was sick most of November so it will be a stress to remember everything and get them cleaned.  Choreo will start next week on Duo & Trio.  I have no idea when the musical theater choreo will be begin and DD has a featured part so that should be interesting.
nyklane

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #6 
INTENSE and TENSE. Yes, for sure. Stupidly we signed up for a convention/comp (NUVO) that our studio doesn’t do. My DD had a great time at the convention last year - her very first, so we did the comp part this year. ACK—ITS SO EARLY!! Lol. So now we have put our own extra stress on our heads to get our dance clean several weeks earlier than typical (or last year). So winter break for us has been intense!

However, our studio is pretty quiet and closes for 2 weeks, so solos are really focused and privates (no other girls looking on, or distractions) - so the work that gets done is good, and we are making good progress. But now we are in crunch time and these sessions are now in your “INTENSE” description.

As a fellow dance parent I’m right there with you!
NCKDAD

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #7 
If we had another week of winter break- we could really get a good handle on things 😂 I think they’ve made decent progress this week but I dream of everything being done before winter break and then cleaning from then on out. Although I say good progress but only 2 groups for our first competition are fully done 😂

MimisMom

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #8 
I really stressed out over everything last year. One of our costumes wasn’t even finished until the day of first comp. I swore that this year I am not going to worry about anything. It will all get done in time and it will be wonderful. 😊
NCKDAD

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MimisMom
I really stressed out over everything last year. One of our costumes wasn’t even finished until the day of first comp. I swore that this year I am not going to worry about anything. It will all get done in time and it will be wonderful. 😊

Yep we had one of those a few years back!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.