Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Emmie46

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #1 
My daughter needs a white camisole leotard for a Performance. Every leo I have bought hasn't worked. Either it's cut too high in the armpits or it's too sheer. Her skin tone is more midtone not fair. We have tried Bodywrappers, Capezio, Balera, and Dance Theatricals. Any ideas? Why aren't these white leotards lined better?

Edited to add that we need a basic camisole Leo, no fancy back straps, mesh, or designs.
tiptoemom

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #2 
we have always had good luck with Yumiko. You can order a fully lined white leotard. We needed one for a performance and were able to call the NYC store. They will facetime with you and show you what they have in store and ship it to you.
Emmie46

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #3 
My daughter loves Yumiko. I'll have to look online at pricing because she'll only wear it once or twice.
cynmckee

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 
My dd did a white two piece costume for her solo this year.  She ended up doubling up to make sure it wasn't see through.  It might just be easier for your daughter to buy a nude undergarment and get the leo she likes best.
Mumof4

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #5 
I second doubling up. Mine has a white two piece and we have doubled up to be safe
tendumom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Over many years of needing at least one white leotard for one thing or another, dd's favorites are Yumiko and an old Natalie leotard that an RA at an SI once passed down to her. She has a white Class In that she likes as well, but it is not a simple cami. 

DD is very fair, but I do think everyone needs a white leo to be lined! They just show too much!
judie

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 
Try Lucky Leo. DD's costume is a Lucky Leo this year, and I am impressed with their quality. The thickness of the fabric is great. Personally, I don't think we will go back to Yumiko.
ggsmith

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #8 
I think lined white cotton gives better coverage.  DD has a mirella now and had a capezio that worked.  Both were lined cotton and inexpensive.
jazzminesun81

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #9 
My DD loves Motionwear. They're lined in tween and up sizes, but fairly thick anyway. She loves the silkskin fabric. It's silky, opaque and it breathes.
Midge

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #10 
White leos are tough.  The "full front lining" means no support whatsoever, and I couldn't find a single leotard with shelf bra that came in white when I was looking last year.    
Dancingemu

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #11 
I'd look around for custom made. They can make them fully lined I'm white and also add a shelf bra.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: