Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 3 of 3      Prev   1   2   3
alingading

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #51 
Dance Masters of America in New Orleans. My daughter was 1st runner-up for Junior Miss Dance of Arizona but her best friend, who won Junior Miss Dance of Arizona, tore her meniscus and had surgery last week. So, the title was passed down and my DD is now the reigning Junior Miss Dance of Arizona. She has about 2 weeks to prepare for the national title competition, which consists of scholarship auditions in jazz, tap, ballet, and acro, an interview, and the solo performance. Needless to say, she is stressed out and not prepared. [frown]
joriebelle

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #52 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballerinamom13
The young lady that went on before your daughter in classical worried me, I was so afraid she was going to break something because she was knuckling so bad. She looked very strong, physically, though so I'm sure that helped.

Why would they let someone like that in????  Why wouldn't they have seen that on the video?  Makes no sense...unless it is just all about $$.  I hope that's not it.

Yeah I'm not sure.  There were actually a few dancers that I thought weren't good at all and I wondered how they made it this far.
Cookmomx3

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #53 
We are doing Spotlight Nationals in Las Vegas. 7/2-7/9. Praying it cools down a bit!!!! Good luck to everyone!!!
jdlw

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #54 
Anyone headed to beyond the stars tomorrow in wildwood? ( well, actually cape may courthouse)
NCKDAD

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #55 
Quote:
Originally Posted by alingading
Dance Masters of America in New Orleans. My daughter was 1st runner-up for Junior Miss Dance of Arizona but her best friend, who won Junior Miss Dance of Arizona, tore her meniscus and had surgery last week. So, the title was passed down and my DD is now the reigning Junior Miss Dance of Arizona. She has about 2 weeks to prepare for the national title competition, which consists of scholarship auditions in jazz, tap, ballet, and acro, an interview, and the solo performance. Needless to say, she is stressed out and not prepared. [frown]

GOOD LUCK TO HER!!! I'm sure the training is all there and she just needs to get ready mentally!
Kfish1987

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #56 
Well we are not going to Nationals anymore. Found out yesterday that it was cancelled. As this is my week off for work, we have to figure out what to do and repack.
Beccasmom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #57 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kfish1987
Well we are not going to Nationals anymore. Found out yesterday that it was cancelled. As this is my week off for work, we have to figure out what to do and repack.

Wow! I've never hear of a Nationals being cancelled. Which comp is it?
Kfish1987

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #58 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beccasmom

Wow! I've never hear of a Nationals being cancelled. Which comp is it?

Next Level
Beccasmom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #59 
Quote:
Next Level

Was it due to low enrollment? I can't imagine if people make travel plans and take vacation time and then no Nationals? That really stinks.
hsealover

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #60 
Quote:
Next Level

I definitely believe that after our experience with Next Level this year! Can not believe their unprofessionalism this year, has always been a great competition in years past.
udamom

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #61 
WCDE in Vegas
dave9988

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #62 
Quote:
Originally Posted by joriebelle
DD12 is performing at World Ballet Competition National Finals in Orlando on Monday.  She performs her classical variation and contemporary and if she makes it to Round 2 that will be on Thursday.   My oldest daughter is flying down with her Saturday.  

Belated Merde!  I know a few dancers who competed there.  Hope it was a great experience for your DD!
Suzit42

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #63 
Quote:

Next Level

Wow. A cancelled nationals is a big deal. Sorry that happened. We did their regionals this year for the first time. It was a nice comp. Smaller than years prior.
Brontasaurus

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #64 
We are going to the Dance Awards in Orlando. This is my daughters first year competing and I have never done anything related to dance other than a few 3 month sessions as a kid.
Super nervous!
joriebelle

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #65 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave9988

Belated Merde!  I know a few dancers who competed there.  Hope it was a great experience for your DD!

Well thank you! It was!  She was happy to make it to the second round and now we know what we have to do for next year.  Hopefully she'll be invited next year and I'll be able to come too.
Rydancer24

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #66 
We will be at Velocity in Las Vegas.. good luck everyone!!!
dancedaughters

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #67 
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppersmom67
We will also be at Dance Xplosion in Wildwood NJ

Peppersmom67 and beccasmom - we'll be at the same competition.  Just a few kids from our team doing solos - my daughter is in the teen age group.  What will your dancers be doing?

alingading

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #68 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCKDAD
GOOD LUCK TO HER!!! I'm sure the training is all there and she just needs to get ready mentally!

Thank you! She has been working very hard in the studio this week and is getting very excited. We'll be in NOLA this time next week! Eeek!!
Beccasmom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #69 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancedaughters

Peppersmom67 and beccasmom - we'll be at the same competition.  Just a few kids from our team doing solos - my daughter is in the teen age group.  What will your dancers be doing?

DD is senior (16). She does her solo Tuesday evening and groups Thursday afternoon. You? 
dancedaughters

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #70 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beccasmom

DD is senior (16). She does her solo Tuesday evening and groups Thursday afternoon. You? 

DD14 has two solos on Tuesday evening - looks like we'll see you there.  My DD is numbers 534 and 556.
Beccasmom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #71 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancedaughters

DD14 has two solos on Tuesday evening - looks like we'll see you there.  My DD is numbers 534 and 556.

Her solo is number 573. Good luck to your dd! What is the name of your studio? You can PM me if you want.
YetAnotherDanceMom

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #72 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinkerbelle
HOF in Grand Traverse! Anyone else?

Just got back from there! It was our first time at that one (we switched studios this year and used to go to VIP in Sandusky). We really enjoyed it, hope you did too! [smile]
Jinkerbelle

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #73 
Quote:
Originally Posted by YetAnotherDanceMom

Just got back from there! It was our first time at that one (we switched studios this year and used to go to VIP in Sandusky). We really enjoyed it, hope you did too! [smile]

Yes we enjoyed it! What studio were you with? I met a lot of great people from Robert Lee, S4, and Expressenz!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: