We go to Dance Awards in Vegas
JustAnotherDanceMom7

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #27 
Nexstar, Gatlinburg, TN!
joriebelle

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #28 
DD12 is performing at World Ballet Competition National Finals in Orlando on Monday.  She performs her classical variation and contemporary and if she makes it to Round 2 that will be on Thursday.   My oldest daughter is flying down with her Saturday.  
ElleSB

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #29 
In10sity Orlando
LexiandAbbysmom

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #30 
Celebration Talent, Orlando!
Suzit42

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #31 

KAR Toledo. DD18 and two girls who are sisters are taking solos. I hope the older sister places. She is an amazing dancer but that is one thing she hasn't accomplished yet. Looking at the studios and number of dancers they are bringing, its going to be small. We have had this issue all year.
Suzit42

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #32 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinkerbelle
HOF in Grand Traverse! Anyone else?

Not us but a few soloists from our studio. Its a gorgeous part of the state. Enjoy and good luck!
Jinkerbelle

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #33 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzit42

Not us but a few soloists from our studio. Its a gorgeous part of the state. Enjoy and good luck!

Thank you! 😊 My husband actually traveled there for work a lot, we are looking forward to some fireworks over the bay!
1tinydancer

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #34 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleSB
In10sity Orlando

I know of one, maybe two, studios that will be there.
ballerinamom13

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #35 
Quote:
Originally Posted by joriebelle
DD12 is performing at World Ballet Competition National Finals in Orlando on Monday.  She performs her classical variation and contemporary and if she makes it to Round 2 that will be on Thursday.   My oldest daughter is flying down with her Saturday.  

Merde to her!  National Finals?  Do they have a regional?  I thought this was a singular competition and finals are Round 3.  Have they changed it?  Just curious.
joriebelle

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #36 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballerinamom13

Merde to her!  National Finals?  Do they have a regional?  I thought this was a singular competition and finals are Round 3.  Have they changed it?  Just curious.

No regionals, or rather the "regionals" is a video audition that you submit.  They call the competition Finals although this will be the first time the competitors are all together.  Round one for preparatory (age 12-13) is Monday.
daydreamer

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #37 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzit42
KAR Toledo. DD18 and two girls who are sisters are taking solos. I hope the older sister places. She is an amazing dancer but that is one thing she hasn't accomplished yet. Looking at the studios and number of dancers they are bringing, its going to be small. We have had this issue all year.

That's where we're going too.
ballerinamom13

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #38 
Quote:

No regionals, or rather the "regionals" is a video audition that you submit.  They call the competition Finals although this will be the first time the competitors are all together.  Round one for preparatory (age 12-13) is Monday.

That's what I thought. All ballet comps make you enter through video except for YAGP.  All serious ones anyway.  Keep us posted.  I hope she does well!!!
MimisMom

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #39 
This is our first year and first Nationals. We are going to Legacy in Myrtle Beach. So excited.
NCKDAD

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #40 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MimisMom
This is our first year and first Nationals. We are going to Legacy in Myrtle Beach. So excited.

We did Legacy Orlando a few years ago. It was really a good experience and great talent from all over. Solid nationals experience.
Suzit42

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #41 
Quote:
Originally Posted by daydreamer

That's where we're going too.

PM'd you
joriebelle

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #42 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballerinamom13

That's what I thought. All ballet comps make you enter through video except for YAGP.  All serious ones anyway.  Keep us posted.  I hope she does well!!!

Thank you!  They just left for the airport.  I am so bummed I'm not going with her.  But, I will be at DD16's recital.   She is just as important!  [smile]

Brinasmom

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #43 
Nexstar in Gatlinburg TN
SassyStar

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #44 
Showstoppers in Anaheim, CA
DanceForFun

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #45 
We are attending Elite Performance Challenge in Mystic CT  next week. Coming fast! Just got my elder daughter off to camp for two weeks now its time to start packing for Nationals with my younger daughter! A mom never rests! Good luck to everyone!
joriebelle

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #46 
I can't believe it but DD12 made it to the Final Round at World Ballet Competition!  [smile]  She just barely made it to final round so none of us were expecting it, but she did make it!  Final performance is tomorrow.
Jinkerbelle

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #47 
Quote:
I can't believe it but DD12 made it to the Final Round at World Ballet Competition!  [smile]  She just barely made it to final round so none of us were expecting it, but she did make it!  Final performance is tomorrow.

Wonderful! Congratulations and best wishes!
PasDeChatMom

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #48 
Quote:

Congrats! My daughter and I watched quite a bit of the live stream the past two days and watched your daughter, I *loved* her contemporary! I saw last night that she made it to the final round but was waiting for you to post before congratulating you hehe.

The young lady that went on before your daughter in classical worried me, I was so afraid she was going to break something because she was knuckling so bad. She looked very strong, physically, though so I'm sure that helped.
joriebelle

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #49 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PasDeChatMom

Congrats! My daughter and I watched quite a bit of the live stream the past two days and watched your daughter, I *loved* her contemporary! I saw last night that she made it to the final round but was waiting for you to post before congratulating you hehe.

The young lady that went on before your daughter in classical worried me, I was so afraid she was going to break something because she was knuckling so bad. She looked very strong, physically, though so I'm sure that helped.

Thank you so much; that was really sweet of you to say that.  [smile]  Yes, I saw that girl before her too and I've never seen someone's feet en pointe look like that before.  I wasn't sure if that was just her feet or what was going on.  Do you know what the problem was?  

Oh!  And a question for you because I can't seem to find the answer anywhere.  Do you know if Round 2 is a clean slate or are round 2 scores averaged with round 1?

ballerinamom13

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #50 

Why would they let someone like that in????  Why wouldn't they have seen that on the video?  Makes no sense...unless it is just all about $$.  I hope that's not it.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: