Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
hsealover

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #1 
DD has a weekend off, so no competition this weekend for us, back at it again next weekend!

Yikes! Sorry for the late in the week post(we usually do Mondays), DD14 usually posts this one, but she's been really busy with school.

Good luck everyone!
Ktyyyyyyy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
DD is competing just her solos on Sun at Rainbow in Long Beach.
JustAnotherDanceMom7

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Believe in Wheeling, WV.  This is a new one for us.  We usually do Nexstar in Akron and I am sad to be missing it this year (it sold out quickly and we couldn't register).
momcrew

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Star Systems on Saturday. Grateful for a one day and done schedule this weekend [smile] 
my2miracles

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Midwest Starz in St. Charles, Il.  Saturday only but it's 8:00AM to Midnight [frown].  Last comp of the season.
dmjrm4

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #6 
No Comp this weekend.  Instead we have an ABT instructor flying in from New York to administer testing for students to pass to another ballet level.  After the testing, each dancer gets a summary of feedback, the ONLY feedback we get all year from the studio.  Can't wait!
kmpmom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 
This may be our final weekend - DD has not decided yet whether she'll return for her final year.  She'll make the decision in the summer.  So I have to go into this weekend, in Ontario's beautiful Blue Mountains, assuming it's the last one.  

Good luck everyone!
joriebelle

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #8 
We'll be at Groove in Joliet
judie

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #9 
We have out ballet production this weekend.  [smile]
Newcompmom15

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #10 
We have our final regional this weekend - KAR Long Island.   
birdmom

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #11 
Starquest in Minneapolis. Senior groups on Thursday afternoon/evening. Senior solos on Sunday.
Suzit42

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #12 
Next Level. We have a schedule. And it's pretty disappointing. All day Saturday and a half day Sunday. That tells me that there won't be much competition. A bummer for sure. Not sure why, but SO chose all new comps this year. Not one has had more than one studio to compete with for groups/lines/productions. I would rather see lots of studios in our category and not win so much. How are they going to learn if they don't see what's really out there?

But, I can't fix it now. DD18 and two of her teammates will be dancing in their last team competition ever this weekend. Those two teammates are DDs BFFs. They have been competing together for eight and six years. I admit that I am not fully in love with everything our studio does, but I am fiercely proud of these kids. My mascara doesn't have a chance.
dance010

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #13 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ktyyyyyyy
DD is competing just her solos on Sun at Rainbow in Long Beach.

Our studio is Competing all our group numbers and solos at this comp this weekend!!
Jinkerbelle

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #14 
Quote:
Originally Posted by momcrew
Star Systems on Saturday. Grateful for a one day and done schedule this weekend [smile] 

We are Star Systems as well this weekend! Detroit. Looks like a very small competition this time, maybe due to the Mothers Day holiday? Only one production dance for us on Saturday and the other 9 on Sunday. It looks so small though we are almost competing against our own studio! I wonder if it will run late because our acts are back to back a lot! Last regionals for the season before nationals! 🎉
DanceForFun

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #15 
We competed at Platinum in Arlington Ma this weekend. New one for us. We entered at the last minute due to another comp being cancelled. Pretty good comp but the venue was crappy.
joriebelle

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #16 
Last night was a great competition night for DD16.  Although she didn't place for her solo, she was one of only 3 dancers to win a Groove convention scholarship.  It was huge for her confidence to be recognized like that.  Her younger sister seems to win at everything and I know she feels in her shadow alot so I was so happy to see her get this.  [smile]
momcrew

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #17 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinkerbelle
We are Star Systems as well this weekend! Detroit. Looks like a very small competition this time, maybe due to the Mothers Day holiday? Only one production dance for us on Saturday and the other 9 on Sunday. It looks so small though we are almost competing against our own studio! I wonder if it will run late because our acts are back to back a lot! Last regionals for the season before nationals! 🎉

We competed against ourselves the entire day. There was absolutely no other studios entered into the super star division. Our teen and seniors may have had more competition on Sunday but the juniors had nothing. 
Jinkerbelle

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #18 
Quote:

We competed against ourselves the entire day. There was absolutely no other studios entered into the super star division. Our teen and seniors may have had more competition on Sunday but the juniors had nothing. 

Our studio did compete on Saturday, but it was our younger kids mostly in intermediate or beginner! We were there for Production on Saturday and then all day on Sunday. There was actually more competition there Sunday than I thought there would be, but still a very small comp overall! Especially since HOF two weeks ago with over 1,000 entries!
There was a lot of ballet at this comp, and I was pleasantly surprised! Some really stunning routines we got to watch!
I wonder if I saw you there! Lol
momcrew

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #19 
Quote:
Our studio did compete on Saturday, but it was our younger kids mostly in intermediate or beginner! We were there for Production on Saturday and then all day on Sunday. There was actually more competition there Sunday than I thought there would be, but still a very small comp overall! Especially since HOF two weeks ago with over 1,000 entries! There was a lot of ballet at this comp, and I was pleasantly surprised! Some really stunning routines we got to watch! I wonder if I saw you there! Lol

We had several ballet routines entered and several ballet / pointe solos. I was surprised at how small it was, only 4 studios total on Saturday. We were at Groove last weekend and it was a lot bigger. 
Jinkerbelle

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #20 
Quote:

We had several ballet routines entered and several ballet / pointe solos. I was surprised at how small it was, only 4 studios total on Saturday. We were at Groove last weekend and it was a lot bigger. 

Yes it was very small both days! I think five studios on Sunday! We had more elite entries on Sunday. It was probably the smallest comp we have ever been to. SS has usually been much bigger in the past, only thing I can think of is most studios didn't want to be there over Mothers Day! I am guessing which studio you were with now and your acts were wonderful and so fun to watch! Were you the ones who did Inside Out? Everyone was abuzz about that dance! It was one of the most unique, inspiring, and organized dances I have ever seen at comp!
momcrew

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #21 
Quote:
Yes it was very small both days! I think five studios on Sunday! We had more elite entries on Sunday. It was probably the smallest comp we have ever been to. SS has usually been much bigger in the past, only thing I can think of is most studios didn't want to be there over Mothers Day! I am guessing which studio you were with now and your acts were wonderful and so fun to watch! Were you the ones who did Inside Out? Everyone was abuzz about that dance! It was one of the most unique, inspiring, and organized dances I have ever seen at comp!

Yes, Inside Out was us. I still get chills every time I see it. 
Jinkerbelle

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #22 
Quote:

Yes, Inside Out was us. I still get chills every time I see it. 

Our whole studio loved it! 😍 Please pass on the love from RPDA! Great honor competing with you!
momcrew

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #23 
Quote:
Our whole studio loved it! 😍 Please pass on the love from RPDA! Great honor competing with you!

Thank you! I sure will!
hsealover

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #24 
Quote:
Originally Posted by joriebelle
Last night was a great competition night for DD16.  Although she didn't place for her solo, she was one of only 3 dancers to win a Groove convention scholarship.  It was huge for her confidence to be recognized like that.  Her younger sister seems to win at everything and I know she feels in her shadow alot so I was so happy to see her get this.  [smile]

Congratulations!
hsealover

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #25 
I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: