Originally Posted by nyklane
Starpower, Springfield Mass

We will be there, too.
Momof3

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #27 
Quote:
Originally Posted by momcrew

I like tough judging, I like comps that don't hand out platinums like water, critiques were good, they were extremely organized, ran ahead of schedule, awards were quick, their live stream is good quality, media package pictures are decent...

I see this year they've broken out a third level instead of just having novice and competitive. I don't know if I love that or not. I notice a lot more leveling down when a third level is available. I'm hoping there are routines in the advanced division so we're not always competing against ourselves in the overalls. 

We were at Groove recently. 3rd year for us. Judging was as tough as ever, and they didn't seem to go easier on the new intermediate level. With that being said, the rampant leveling down you see at other competitions now exists at Groove, too. Frustrating. Still love the competition, just wish they hadn't added that third level. Another positive - they are VERY accommodating of quick changes. Will frequently shift groups earlier to accommodate. Makes it harder to follow along where they are in the schedule, but it really keeps things moving.
5678StarMom

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #28 
Spotlight, St. Louis
Celc9

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #29 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmjrm4
Bravo - dance competition/convention #9 of the season! 

We are headed to Bravo this weekend. Did you like Bravo? This is a new competition for us and the schedule is not great.
hsealover

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #30 
Hi everyone! I hope you all had a great weekend! Unfortunately, we ended up not making it to Next LeveL this weekend due to some unforeseen circumstances.
momcrew

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #31 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phx115
Do you mind my asking what you like about it? I've read the reviews that they are tough, which I like.

How did you guys end up liking Groove? 
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: