Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
taraalissa

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #1 
I know about bdancewear, discount dance, etsy and other mainstream sites but I don't seem to find the variety of color or selection of style that I'm looking for when it comes to crop tops and skirts/briefs to customize. Where do you ladies find your separates to appliqué and stone? There's got to be something I'm missing. What's your go-to site? Please share. I need some better options.
emmymom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
You're looking for more colors than bdancewear has?  They have something like 150 different colors.  DD's studio and I have purchased a ton from her as bases for costumes.

Julieg

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #3 
I just recently ordered some pieces from Patrick J designs.  I don't know if I could actually recommend them because it's been 9 days and my items haven't even shipped yet.  My inquiry as to what the hold up is hasn't been responded to.
prancer

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #4 
taraalissa, are you looking for child or adult sizes? 
taraalissa

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmymom
You're looking for more colors than bdancewear has?  They have something like 150 different colors.  DD's studio and I have purchased a ton from her as bases for costumes.

Love her color selection but the styles aren't what I'm looking for.
taraalissa

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by prancer
taraalissa, are you looking for child or adult sizes? 

Child-sized.
prancer

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #7 
OK, sorry, I don't have great suggestions for kids other than really cute things from cali kisses. Good luck.

momcrew

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #8 
Details Dancewear, Patrick J Designs, 5 Dancewear, Just Dance Customs, Soel Dancewear, Purple Pixies, Sadie Jane...
Julieg

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #9 
FYI, Patrick J designs are made to order.  You need to allow 12-15 days for production.  I don't really understand why almost everything on his site is marked as sold out if they make it to order but whatever.
jwsqrdplus2

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #10 
bdancewear will also do custom pieces, so if you find the right color, it might very well be worth the call.  Last year, my daughter really wanted a a skirt with her costume.  We had already found the top and were looking to match briefs/skirt to the top.  I called bdancewear and talked to her.  In the course of the conversation, I mentioned that the top was lace.  She mentioned that they were starting to carry lace, but had not updated the website yet, so she sent me a fabric sample of the lace as well as the sheer.  The lace ended up being perfect, and I never would have known about it if I had not called!
taraalissa

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #11 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julieg
FYI, Patrick J designs are made to order.  You need to allow 12-15 days for production.  I don't really understand why almost everything on his site is marked as sold out if they make it to order but whatever.

I noticed that. I wonder if they are just out of the fabric or if they are too busy to take many new orders. Thank you for the list. There were some new ones on there for me.
taraalissa

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #12 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwsqrdplus2
bdancewear will also do custom pieces, so if you find the right color, it might very well be worth the call.  Last year, my daughter really wanted a a skirt with her costume.  We had already found the top and were looking to match briefs/skirt to the top.  I called bdancewear and talked to her.  In the course of the conversation, I mentioned that the top was lace.  She mentioned that they were starting to carry lace, but had not updated the website yet, so she sent me a fabric sample of the lace as well as the sheer.  The lace ended up being perfect, and I never would have known about it if I had not called!

Something to keep in mind. Thanks.
kelly5girls

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #13 
Try JustDanceCustoms on Etsy. She has tons of colors and will make anything. Super nice lady, gets them to you quickly.
taraalissa

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #14 
Thanks ladies. I've found some white pieces that work and I'm going to dye them the colors I need. Wish me luck!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: