Register Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
Dancingemu

High Silver Member
Registered:
Posts: 168
Reply with quote  #26 

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidi459
Don't know where you are with this issue but on the off chance that you're still mulling over your options... have you considered just telling the SO that your dd will no longer be competing? Perhaps due to financial reasons... or other family commitments that make the schedule an impossibility. Who could argue/get angry with that? That might get you past the auditions and through recital and then after that you can send her a polite email saying that as it turns out you wont be coming back. No further explanation needed, really. Keep it simple. BTDT  It's not fun.  And although I wouldn't do it much differently if I could go back and do it again (for my own reasons), I don't advise others to make it any more difficult than it has to be. Good luck.

We are going through what the OP was now. We can't easily say that my girl isn't competing next year. It's too small of an area that they would probably find out before recital that we are already signed up and paid for at the new place. I'm waiting to close up a few loose ends including receiving out last costume for recital and the choreography being finished for recital before mentioning anything. We are suppose to give a 15 day notice of class drop and the recital gives us just a little leeway to tell them before being charged for the next month. My only concern is they usually close the studio for the week after recital which puts us past the 15 days.

0
ggsmith

High Gold Member
Registered:
Posts: 520
Reply with quote  #27 
I'm thinking if the studio is closed during the 15 day period you would be covered by sending an email and/or certified letter.  Do they do automatic billing of your credit card?  I'm sure they don't want to deal with a charge back.  Some people just insist on a bad divorce instead of an amicable goodbye.
0
heidi459

Avatar / Picture

Diamond Member
Registered:
Posts: 5,832
Reply with quote  #28 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancingemu

 

We are going through what the OP was now. We can't easily say that my girl isn't competing next year. It's too small of an area that they would probably find out before recital that we are already signed up and paid for at the new place. I'm waiting to close up a few loose ends including receiving out last costume for recital and the choreography being finished for recital before mentioning anything. We are suppose to give a 15 day notice of class drop and the recital gives us just a little leeway to tell them before being charged for the next month. My only concern is they usually close the studio for the week after recital which puts us past the 15 days.



Unless you've announced your future plans to lots of people & fear some "talk", I suspect you probably can.  The new place is dealing w/a lot more than just the addition of your dancer so it's unlikely they'll be fixating on/spreading the news of your impending arrival. So while some may have become aware that you've been investigating other options, there's really no reason that that final decision would go beyond yourself & whoever was involved in the registration process at the new studio.... regardless of how small an area you live in.  (not trying to be a know-it-all, just trying to ease your mind)

It's always hard though.. I get it.  We're going through it again this year & I'm dreading telling the AD.  I won't make the decision I made last time though... this time I see no benefit to that kind of honesty.   And no reason to tell any sooner than is absolutely necessary.  August it is.  And any inquiries we receive between now and then about dd's returning will be met with "things are kind of up in the air right now... there's so much to consider... we'll be sure to let you know as soon as a decision's been made".           

0
Dancingemu

High Silver Member
Registered:
Posts: 168
Reply with quote  #29 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsmith
I'm thinking if the studio is closed during the 15 day period you would be covered by sending an email and/or certified letter.  Do they do automatic billing of your credit card?  I'm sure they don't want to deal with a charge back.  Some people just insist on a bad divorce instead of an amicable goodbye.

They say they will bill, but haven't billed anyone to date. It's in the contract that they can bill. They don't have a mail slot. I'm not sure that they ever receive mail there and I don't have a home address to the SOs. I'll try just emailing them. That at least gives me a better standing point
0
Dancingemu

High Silver Member
Registered:
Posts: 168
Reply with quote  #30 
Quote:
Originally Posted by heidi459


Unless you've announced your future plans to lots of people & fear some "talk", I suspect you probably can.  The new place is dealing w/a lot more than just the addition of your dancer so it's unlikely they'll be fixating on/spreading the news of your impending arrival. So while some may have become aware that you've been investigating other options, there's really no reason that that final decision would go beyond yourself & whoever was involved in the registration process at the new studio.... regardless of how small an area you live in.  (not trying to be a know-it-all, just trying to ease your mind)

It's always hard though.. I get it.  We're going through it again this year & I'm dreading telling the AD.  I won't make the decision I made last time though... this time I see no benefit to that kind of honesty.   And no reason to tell any sooner than is absolutely necessary.  August it is.  And any inquiries we receive between now and then about dd's returning will be met with "things are kind of up in the air right now... there's so much to consider... we'll be sure to let you know as soon as a decision's been made".           



I've already told close friends that we are leaving and already paid for the new place. They are having the same issues with the current place as I am. I would hope they wouldn't say anything until after the recital to the SO or DT, but if something slips I don't want to be caught in a lie. Though I guess I could find a way to word it since dd hasn't made the new team yet so as of yet she's not going to compete.... I think I can pull a "things are still up in the air" and leave it at that. They don't need the details.
0
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation: