Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
hsealover

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #1 
I think my favorite dance that DD is doing this season would be her musical theater solo! She's doing One Hundred Easy Ways from Wonderful Town and its probably the funniest dance I've ever seen! I also really like her musical theater small group that she's working on, they're debuting it later in the season because they wanted something to work on. Its to "Ohmigod You Guys" from Legally Blonde, its super cute. DD is playing Margot! So fun! I love all of her dances but her musical theater pieces are by far my favorite!
kmpmom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
My DD did 100 Easy Ways a few years ago and had a ton of fun with it!  Another dancer is doing it this year and she's knocking it out of the park.  Great piece.  Enjoy!

Probably my fav dance this year is DD's duet.  She started dancing with her partner when they were 4 and 5 years old respectively - they're now 15 & 16.  They even switched studios at the same time but even with all that, it's their first duet.  Emotional piece that suits them well.  After their first performance, people will approaching us saying, "I had actual goosebumps" or "my eyes filled with tears".  After you hear that, you don't really care what the judges think.  I like her solo too, but I think the duet is my fav.  The groups?  ....meh, not so much.  
momcrew

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #3 
I love my daughters ballet and lyrical pieces this year. 
jackilvsmath

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #4 
LOVE LOVE LOVE her solo --- Shake The Room

Also love her jazz small group - Play That Sax
Suzit42

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 
I love DD18s jazz line. It definitely has a lyrical/contemporary feel. I'm always sad when it ends.
disneymom2two

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #6 
My favorite dance is her group lyrical to Halo.  The choreographer won an award for it.  A close second is her group hip hop.
DanceForFun

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #7 
I feel bad saying this, but, I liked last year's dances better. That said, I really do like her group tap, Cat on The Hot Tin Roof (Brian Setzer Orchestra). Fast and flashy. (that's how I like my tap. lol) Also like the Character ROutine - Pirates.
LoveJillyLilly2Dance

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #8 
Her solo to Sparkling Diamonds is my favorite, but their hip hop number is my favorite group this year....there's a member of every team represented in it and they just have so much FUN with it! 
emcandance

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #9 
Her group jazz.....has won overalls so far. Her solo and small group contemporary are next.
4boysmom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #10 
I love Ds's tap solo. The choreography is amazing, very stylized. I also enjoy a large open number that he is in to Stairway to Heaven.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: