Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
taraalissa

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #1 
I have lots of ideas, probably too many and I can't decide. How would you embellish this costume? Teacher wants all white, no color. Clear or ab stones fine. Appliqué fine too as long as they are white.

http://www.stageboutique.com.au/aus/lyrical/lyrical-dress-miracle.html
emmymom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Not sure if you wanted to keep it purely white or not, but I love colored appliques with accompanying color rhinestones on white costumes.  
taraalissa

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmymom
Not sure if you wanted to keep it purely white or not, but I love colored appliques with accompanying color rhinestones on white costumes.  

Thanks for your reply. Edited to add teacher wants all white.
Julieg

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #4 
I like it exactly as it is.

taraalissa

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Thank you. I think it needs something though, it's for title.
NCKDAD

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #6 
What song? I feel like that can help guide the costume embellishments or ideas sometimes. That being said my daughter had an all white lyrical costume similar (long mesh sleeves and top/back with sweetheart bodice lace over the white and double chiffon skirt- short)... we made 3 rows of rhinestones at the neck, and a row along the bottom of the sleeves and also where the mesh met the lace... nothing on the mesh/see through type part and tons scattered all over the bodice and skirt.

I like bling where bling is due and sometimes i like no bling but i do feel like when its all white you need the rhinestones/embellishments a little more. 
prancer

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #7 
I would probably stone the heavier lace near the neck and back opening (maybe sleeves but the depends on how her arms fit). I would definitely line the sweetheart neckline with stones and maybe then stone some of the bodice starting tighter at the top and loosening a bit but concentrating over the bust. I would scatter some stones on the skirt.

My biggest design question is where the skirt attached. Does this V waistline flatter your dd? Would a sash look nice? Or an appliqué "belt"? This is the only part of the dress I'm unsure about. Otherwise add some bling and you are good to go. It's very pretty.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: