Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
peachygreen98

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #1 

Does your competition team require uniforms/outifits?  What does it consist of?  Jacket, Pants, Shirts, leotard, shorts, etc?  Do you have a required team bag?  

(Note I'm not referring to costumes)

When are you required to wear said uniform?  How often do they change it out (can you get more than one season out of the uniform?)  

If you don't mind me asking how much did you pay for it?

1tinydancer

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Team Jacket to be worn at comps/conv and on stage at awards.
amandafarris03

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #3 
only uniform we have is at competitions.  all team jackets will be worn on stage.  if it's too hot to have a jacket on when you are not on stage you have to have a team tshirt/jersey shirt on.  black pants. 
threedancingdaughters

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Team jacket. Any black pants/leggings. To be worn at comps/awards. Same jacket can be used for a few years until it's outgrown. It's been a year or two since I had to buy one but it was under 100. Maybe 80 or so?
LilMama

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Team jacket was CAD $100, there's also matching sweat pants but only the jacket is mandatory and we have to wear it for awards and at comps. Old studio is also the same, only difference is you can have your name embroidered on the jacket. That was a little more around CAD $130.
momcrew

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #6 
We have a jacket that is required, you can purchase the matching adidas pants if you want but you don't have to. We always have a new comp shirt each year but it's never required to have. We also have bags and such that are also optional. The jacket is $110. 
my2miracles

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 
Team jacket for awards black pants/leggings if they have time to change from costumes.
emmymom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #8 
Team jacket for awards.  It was around $120-$130 if I remember correctly.
LittleMonkeyMom

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #9 
Our dancers are required to wear their team jacket ($100) and black bottoms (shorts/capris/pants/leggings) on stage for awards at competitions.  Our DT always orders jackets on the large size so they can get 2-3 years out of one.  Embroidering your name on the jacket is optional - those who don't have it done often pass their jackets down when they are outgrown. 
NCKDAD

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #10 
Team jacket 100-115 depending on embroidery or rhinestoned, worn at all awards with plain black pants or shorts. Team shirts, etc to be worn during competitions if not in costume or jacket
dave9988

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #11 
Nothing required, though most wear the studio jacket. I’ve seen some wear gear acquired at SIs or conventions.
amandafarris03

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #12 
Quote:
Originally Posted by threedancingdaughters
Team jacket. Any black pants/leggings. To be worn at comps/awards. Same jacket can be used for a few years until it's outgrown. It's been a year or two since I had to buy one but it was under 100. Maybe 80 or so?

dd13 wore her jacket for 2 years but she is at that age when she is growing like a weed.  the next jacket we get will be an adult small and that should last her (unless she grows to be busty - which I don't anticipate) until she is done with high school.  THANK GOD!
nyklane

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #13 
We have a studio jacket - same as most posters above.  We wear it at comps, with black booty shorts or leggings.  This year we are getting a jacket with stones - which is optional if you already have last years version.  Last years version I think was $70.  This year will be more.  We also require a team bag ours was I believe $40.  We do have a comp team T-Shirt we can wear as well.  That changes each year.
rdsmom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #14 
Team jacket is required. Team t-shirts or sweatshirts are optional. They have leotards based on ballet level for when they are in technique or ballet classes. Leos were like $25 each, and each kid has 2 in their color. Jacket, TBD. 
Suzit42

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #15 
Studio jacket was approx $80. It came stoned and with the dancers name and "competition team" embroidered on the front. My DD wore hers for five years. She should have gotten a new one her senior year, but I refused to buy a new coat for a few months. Required leggings were approx $30. Also required was a backpack with studio logo and dancers name embroidered on it. The backpack was approx $60. It was made for dancers and had a special mesh area so shoes could air out. DD has had hers for six years and now uses it to go to dance class in college.

Dancers are required to wear a the team jacket, zipped, and team leggings at all Award ceremonies. No exceptions. It sounds harsh but they look so professional. The girls really don't like the leggings, but they know they look good. It's not stated, but if they are called up for an award and have to stand, they usually always stand in fifth.
tappinmom

Double Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #16 
First studio had an entire track suit to wear that cost $250 and that was 14 years ago.  Bad part was that the pants were horrible, didn't fit anyone properly and you couldn't just buy the jacket.  Mandatory to wear at comps when you weren't on stage dancing.

Second studio had team jackets about $80.  They also offered pants, tank tops, sweat shirt, t-shirts and duffle bags but they were all optional.  Again mandatory to wear the team jacket at comp if you weren't on stage dancing.
MimisMom

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #17 
Team jacket with the name embroidered. It was about $125. We are required to wear it at competitions over costume at awards or when in the audience.
Mama2aHappyDancer

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #18 
We had to buy bootie shorts, leggings, a sports bra, tank top, leo, bag, jacket, and jewelry. Other than the jacket, it's used for performances in the community like parades etc. I am pretty sure we're just supposed to wear the jacket over the costume for awards at comps, but I am not totally sure since we just switched studios. It's the most stuff we've been required to buy before, but they did keep the prices fairly low, so I appreciate that. 
Previously, we were just required to buy a jacket (by one studio) and a tshirt (by the 2nd) and just had to wear them both for awards. Bags were not required at those studios, but are where we are now.  
trr3601

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #19 
We have a Jacket (whole team got sponsored so it was only $65), pants $30 and leo $35. The pants and leo are for the team classes/choreography days and performances. In the summer and fall the team has several performances. The jacket is for conventions/competitions/performances and must be worn with any black bottoms. During awards its required. We usually outgrow or rip things before they change.
angelashunter

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #20 
Studio jacket and pants around $80 for the set. Includes customizied initials on front of jacket. We are allowed to rhinestone at our discretion and cost. We only have to buy new if dd has outgrown it or if the set is redesigned. In our 6 years there has only been 1 redesign so I'm pretty happy with the setup.
AnnaBeav

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #21 
Jacket: $90
Pants: $40
Top: $60
Earrings: ??
Bootie shorts: ??

Optional:
T-shirt: $50
Backpack: $90
Dancingemu

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #22 
Jackets and a studio shirt. Shirts can be anything from the studio (recital, parade, special event, etc). Jackets are used for at least 2 years. Backpacks are optional, but not from the dancer's perspective. Lol They "have to have" the $90 bag that all the other girls get with their name embroidered and stoned.
angelashunter

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #23 
Well...go ahead and add a Rebel backpack to mine. LOL. Just found out last night we're adding to our "look". I'm kind of excited. I always love seeing the studios at comps and conventions that are all decked out in their studio gear with matching bags! 
peachygreen98

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #24 

The backpack is the part I'm hardest time with.  I keep thinking for the price of the backpack it should have a magical extender charm on it or something.  We haven't gotten the backpack yet.  I'm hoping it's more impressive then I think it is or like I said it has a magical extender charm or one that makes the bag lighter than it really is.  

We have a jacket, pants and backpack.  

I laugh at the girls wearing their jackets to the studio even when it is 90 degrees outside.  At least they are lightweight jackets this year.  They are only required for performances, conventions and competitions.  But they all wear them pretty much every day.  

performancemom2003

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #25 
Jacket (rhinestoned with studio name and kid's name)- $77
Track Pants- 30-40
Dance Bag- $60 (this is HUGE- think small dd size. we can actually fit all our recital costumes in here)

For the next level up they also have an optional comp backpack, names, "Production Company" studio name and all, but like Dancingemu said the girls absolutely "need" it lol.

Tons of optional jackets, shorts, tank tops etc.

As for how often our gear usually lasts a while but the jackets just got redesigned this year- none of the moms are happy about it.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.