Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
2dornot2d

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #26 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noel

What in the world is the Goose Poop run?

If I remember correctly, cynmckee's DD had one competition (NYCDA?) running a couple hours early and nobody told them until the stage manager was looking for her DD. Her DD ran barefoot through neighborhood, snow and goosepoop and all... because the comp told them her DD wouldn't be able to compete if she is not there when they call her number... Thank god competitions let numbers skip around these days.
jwsqrdplus2

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #27 
E-mail (for whole studio and team) and a private FB group (for just the team).
Dancingemu

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #28 
Email and remind app. If they need to direct message us it's through texts (group or individual) or facebook.
Mumof4

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #29 
We have a Facebook page for whole school and a group for troupe parents. We still all get notes come home also.
The group is really good parents can post and all the teachers and so keep us updated. They also post clips from rehearsal so the kids have something to watch if they forget a bit of their dance
amandafarris03

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #30 
the comp information gets dispersed through the facebook group.
AnnaBeav

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #31 
Our studio uses an app called "Team App." There is also a corresponding website you can use if you don't have any mobile technology. It is great because I like to keep my personal life on Facebook separate from my daughter's dancing this app lets me do that.

You can customize the sections so you can have music, choreography, costume and make up information as well as calendar info. There is also a chat feature so parents and students can ask questions and coordinate carpools etc.

There are a number of similar apps but I have been using this for three years now and it is great!
cynmckee

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #32 
The good thing about a webpage is that it is easily assessable and you don't have to look for old emails.  The problem is that you have to remember to check it regularly.  Sometimes that is hard to do.
pixxistikk

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #33 
Emails for general information. Each team has their own group text that they use during comp or for general questions. We have a FB page and the company website, but it's not very helpful or updated frequently. The girls and the moms in our group get along amazing well and we tend to rely on our texting.
EJIDance

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #34 
Email. The Website only gets updated when there is a change in the general class schedule. There is also an FB page but that's for photos and general adverts like summer camp.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.