Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
dmjrm4

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #1 
What method does your studio use to communicate with you? Our studio uses two methods:
1.  Emailing about three to four emails per week.
2.  A private Facebook group where parents post a lot, and our SO repeats some info that went out in the weekly emails.

The downside of these methods is that important information gets missed, buried forever in hundreds of emails or in 20 replies down in to a Facebook post.

Another comp studio in our area has a page on their website that parents go to for information.

At my old studio we used a Group Me app to communicate during every comp weekend.

What does your studio do?  Does it work well?
cynmckee

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
We do the website and an occasional email when important stuff needs to be known or for a quick reminder to check the website. 

Parent's have a couple of GroupMe's.  One for the team parents, one for all studio parents who want it, and then sometimes, when some of the kids are doing extra stuff, those parent's set up a separate one.

The GroupMe's are mostly for parent use...for things like, "My kid came home without a pointe shoe, can everyone take a quick look in your bags", "What time do we need to be there again?"  to "What number are we on?"

After the Goose Poop run from a few years ago, I think the GroupMe's are very, very important.
dave9988

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #3 
email
joriebelle

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Mostly email with an occasional Facebook post
rdsmom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Email. But the studio uses an accounting/registration program that allows you to see all of the emails the studio has ever emailed, so you can always go back and check. I actually added DD 14's address to the list so I don't accidentally forget to tell her something. 
momcrew

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Emails and Remind app. Our studio doesn't have a Facebook. 
Taffygirl

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #7 
Mostly email, and some texts, coming from a couple of different people. I would love news items posted to a website.
Noel

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynmckee
We do the website and an occasional email when important stuff needs to be known or for a quick reminder to check the website. 

Parent's have a couple of GroupMe's.  One for the team parents, one for all studio parents who want it, and then sometimes, when some of the kids are doing extra stuff, those parent's set up a separate one.

The GroupMe's are mostly for parent use...for things like, "My kid came home without a pointe shoe, can everyone take a quick look in your bags", "What time do we need to be there again?"  to "What number are we on?"

After the Goose Poop run from a few years ago, I think the GroupMe's are very, very important.

What in the world is the Goose Poop run?
Noel

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #9 
E mail
Jayhawkmom

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #10 
Ours has a secret Facebook group. The schedules and tutorial for the makeup are saved in the group so we can find it easily. We still get occasional letters in the mail when the SO has a lot of info to cover.
elastigal

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #11 
Our studio mainly uses email for the important stuff. They have an FB page but its more generic, used for generic studio things. The team parents have a private FB group for the whole company but its not really used well. This year the mini group DD is in created a private FB group that is just for us mini parents to post stuff relevant to us and that's been really useful.
tendumom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #12 
Email for the last 3 places dd has danced. 

One of those places also had a webpage with a password but it wasn't always updated. 
tappinmom

Double Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #13 
Our studio had a bulletin board and handed out newsletters.  Once in a while if it was something only pertaining to your child the SO would send an email.
meatball77

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #14 
E-mail for general stuff.  The kids also text each other and the teacher texts us if it's just about one or two kids.
rubydancemom

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #15 
Email and facebook
my2miracles

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #16 
Email for general communications.  Closed Facebook group for comp/performance day information
birdmom

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #17 
Our studio sends out a weekly email to all competition families. They also send team specific emails when necessary. 
Suzit42

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #18 
Emails for the big stuff, as needed. Group Me texts during comp weekends. A private FB page for the comp team for the parents, dancers and staff. That is where the "look in your bag for Debbie's missing jazz shoe" posts go. A Shutterfly group for picture sharing. Our comp page on the website hasn't been updated in five years.

The girls on my DDs comp team, aged 13-18, have a group chat too.
hsealover

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #19 
DD's recreational studio (first studio) communicated mostly by email, and gave handouts to the kids on occasion.

DD'S second studio, which was competitive, communicated mostly between two secret Facebook pages. One was used for updates and information and the other one was used for choreography videos so the kids could work on it at home. The older girls on the team also had the group chat that they used occasionally. The bulletin board in the studio lobby was often used as well.

DD's ballet academy used the bulletin boards and email. Older girls also had a group chat that they used a lot during Nutcracker season.

DD's current studio(competitive) communicates by group texts, which works for us since we're so small. We also have a secret Facebook page where we post choreography videos for the kids to practice with.
Phx115

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #20 
Email and a bulletin board. The FB page is rarely updated.

Lack of communication has been a bit of an issue this season. I've offered to put together at least a comp team parent newsletter, but I get the brush off.
DanceTumbleCheerMom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #21 
Our old studio did Email , a parents facebook group and reminders on the door and bulletin board.   I would also get occasional texts. 

Current studio.  Email, Group Texts, website with all the info and reminders on the bulletin board and on the door. 
disneymom2two

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #22 
Our studio uses email.  The moms on our team have a group text that we use.
daydreamer

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #23 
Email, private Facebook group, and individual mailboxes at the studio.
shewolf

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #24 
Facebook page, email, and Remind application on your phone
dancinmomma2017

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #25 
Typically most information is on the website, but they will send out an email that info has been posted to the website. I feel as though communication is mastered at our studio, although it does sometimes come without a ton of notice. 

We also get reminder emails from our Team Mom on a regular basis.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: