Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
New2Dance2010

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Hello dance community. I enjoy splurging on my DD's makeup in the past, but I need to adjust my spending lately. My little dancer is very light skinned and pale. I have not applied foundation on her before as I didn't want to subject her skin to that, but now she is going for titles and think we should "step up" the makeup. So, I would like to know what dancers are using for foundation. I have been reading and found somewhere that it should be golden toned. Thoughts and ideas are much appreciated!
Thanks
jwsqrdplus2

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Ash is quite fair skinned as well.  She uses the tarte brand  (Light Neutral) from Sephora.  It is a bit pricy ($39/bottle), but if you are just using it for stage, it will last forever.  Ash is in HS, so she uses it every day, just heavier for stage coverage.  A bottle usually lasts her 4-5 months with daily use.  Also, if you go to Sephora, they will do a free color match for you to ensure you get the right color foundation.

http://www.sephora.com/amazonian-clay-12-hour-full-coverage-foundation-spf-15-P302918?skuId=1534742&icid2=products%20grid: p302918  (no space between the colon and the p; if I don't put the space in there, DM changes it to [tongue])
Midge

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
For stage, Ben Nye Ultrafair.
camercad

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #4 
My teen DD uses IT Cosmetics CC cream - for both on and off-stage. Great coverage, a little goes a long way. For stage, she does follow-up with powder for a more matte look (but she tend to be shiny in general). I'd go into Ulta or Sephora to get the best shade match
HTownDanceMom

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Sephora Brand has some reasonably priced foundations that work great. Take your DD, they will be able to find the right match for her skin tone and coverage.
BallerinaPaisley06

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #6 
My DD uses "Hello Flawless" Benefit foundation for competitions.  It's amazing stuff and is gentle enough for her 10 year old skin.  She was assessed at Sephora and the makeup consultant did a great job.  We told her that it was for stage and we went a shade darker than her skin tone.
iceberg*lover

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwsqrdplus2
Ash is quite fair skinned as well.  She uses the tarte brand  (Light Neutral) from Sephora.  It is a bit pricy ($39/bottle), but if you are just using it for stage, it will last forever.  Ash is in HS, so she uses it every day, just heavier for stage coverage.  A bottle usually lasts her 4-5 months with daily use.  Also, if you go to Sephora, they will do a free color match for you to ensure you get the right color foundation.

http://www.sephora.com/amazonian-clay-12-hour-full-coverage-foundation-spf-15-P302918?skuId=1534742&icid2=products%20grid: p302918  (no space between the colon and the p; if I don't put the space in there, DM changes it to [tongue])

I looove this foundation! I use it for me!

LoveJillyLilly2Dance

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #8 
Younique Liquid Foundation in Scarlet or Organza
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: