Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
Dancingdd

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Are you giving your child a dance related gift? Yes? What is it?
My DD needs nothing relating to dance (and really doesn't need anything at all) but I'm just curious what you all are buying.
LilMama

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #2 
I've been wanting to get DD some Cali Kisses dancewear. Problem is we live in Canada and I can't really justify the shipping cost on top of the exchange rate. I've also looked at turning board/turning disc. Ones where they can practice turns and tap on as well.
fishoutofwater

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #3 
DD13 is getting a few dance related items - monogrammed ballet booties, a new leo, nike pro shorts & sports bra and a foam roller.
joriebelle

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Nothing much this year except another black leotard and some tights.  She really doesn't need anything more right now.
rubydancemom

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #5 
3 long sleeve leos and tights, Under Armour pullovers (our studio is freezing), massage balls for her feet, and a turn board. Oh, and mom got her a Pack 2 Rack, which is awesome because she has 8 comp dances this year. [eek]
dmjrm4

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #6 
I can't reply because my DD loves to read Dancemom.com.   Darling....are you reading this?
Ktyyyyyyy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 
She is getting some lulu shorts and bra tops.
dancermom128

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #8 
A lucky Leo and a jacket from Jo and Jax. Probably going to pick up a new massage ball and roller stick too.
threedancingdaughters

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #9 
DD3 and DD1 are getting new cutesy leotards with frilly glittery skirts. DD1 will be excited to copy her sisters! DD8 is getting a new shirt from our studio. She is also getting a pair of the half sole ballet shoes. She doesn't need them for any of her dances but has been begging for a couple months for them. So I caved and am getting them for a present. I'd rather spend the money on that than some toys that'll just clutter up her room!
LeapYear0208

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #10 
Turning board, circle stretch band and an over the door stretcher. That is all dancing related I think. She needs some convention wear, but even if I find some I love soon, it likely wouldn't get here in time for Christmas. 
Mittenmom3

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #11 
Well, now that you mention it, yes, dd15s main gift this year are tickets to Shen Yun. She has left the flyer laying around the house as a hint, but has no idea that we got tickets. I think she'll be very excited and surprised.
jwsqrdplus2

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #12 
I have a Dec baby, so for her bday, she got 2 tickets to Shaping Sound when they come to town.  And since she is a Sr this year, her Christmas present is a laptop for college!
mydivagirl

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #13 
My 2 are getting tickets to see Misty Copeland perform as Odette in Swan Lake at the Kennedy Center.  (and I'm pretty sure Christmas morning will be a hit!)
camercad

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #14 
New dance bag - her current one looks like it's been to hell and back.
theyarg

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #15 
New dance bag, needed desperately.
jemn

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #16 
for our DD10 and DD8 -- we're making tap boards and a portable ballet barre.

tendumom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #17 
Leotards and, from grandma, a very nice photo shoot. 
Suzit42

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #18 
DD17 has texted me many, many links. I don't see any dance stuff there. Lots of clothes and make up. I did take a risk and order her a selfie stick that has a microphone attached so she and her friends can make karaoke videos. Oh and I bought her a Hamilton T shirt. I think she will flip over that.
LittleDancersmom06

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #19 
dance clothes and therabands!
my2miracles

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #20 
Nothing dance related this year
RebelSwan

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #21 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMama
I've been wanting to get DD some Cali Kisses dancewear. Problem is we live in Canada and I can't really justify the shipping cost on top of the exchange rate. I've also looked at turning board/turning disc. Ones where they can practice turns and tap on as well.

LilMama - watch during Christmas break -  last year they had some crazy specials.  I think shipping was $22 but we ordered about 12 pieces so it was very little per item.  I ordered late afternoon on a Wednesday and Fedex was knocking on my door the next morning.  (California to Manitoba in less than 24 hours, don't know how they did that!)  Not exactly a Christmas present though.  I often would put a regular priced outfit in my shopping cart and then cancel it when shipping was $22.

She loves their stuff, but the sizing was pretty inconsistent.  Maybe that was why it was on such deep discount [smile]

EDIT - just went to their site and regular prices are 40% off right now.

EDIT AGAIN- wow - they are using a third party shipper now and it's $60 to ship!!! that's criminal.  Over $80 Canadian.  Oh well, they must not need our business.
SaveSave
JojosDanceMom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #22 
I got DD the Apollo Infinite and Performance Shocks (do people get multiple of these, like socks, or single pairs, like dance shoes?).  And she said she needs more black leotards and tights for school... I'm not going to pick out the leotards for her, she'll have to come to the store with me to pick them out when she gets home on the 23rd.  lol  Also, indirectly dance related, I got her an iTunes gift card.  I say it's indirectly related because I know that the music she picks is going to be used for her latest choreography ideas anyway.  lol
momcrew

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #23 
Ivivva and Jo + Jax dancewear, another superior band because apparaently she needs two? and a pirouette pro... My youngest is getting the medium sized dream duffle I won along with some Ivivva wear... 
disneymom2two

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #24 
dancebag, new shorts and crop top for class, mat to practice tricks
LilMama

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #25 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelSwan

LilMama - watch during Christmas break -  last year they had some crazy specials.  I think shipping was $22 but we ordered about 12 pieces so it was very little per item.  I ordered late afternoon on a Wednesday and Fedex was knocking on my door the next morning.  (California to Manitoba in less than 24 hours, don't know how they did that!)  Not exactly a Christmas present though.  I often would put a regular priced outfit in my shopping cart and then cancel it when shipping was $22.

She loves their stuff, but the sizing was pretty inconsistent.  Maybe that was why it was on such deep discount [smile]

EDIT - just went to their site and regular prices are 40% off right now.

EDIT AGAIN- wow - they are using a third party shipper now and it's $60 to ship!!! that's criminal.  Over $80 Canadian.  Oh well, they must not need our business.
SaveSave

I picked out a few sale items and tried to place an order. For some reason I keep getting an error once I click the international check out. Will definitely keep trying though.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: