Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
3dancinggirls

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #1 
What are your favorite TV shows to watch with your kids? Are they all dance related? My DDs ages are between 5-11, here are our favs:

SYTYCD
DWTS
Master Chef Junior

My two older DDs also enjoy 'The Next Step' which is a Canadian psuedo-reality (in other words, not reality at all, at least not our reality) show about competition dance. They still enjoy the mostly-kid friendly shows on The Family Channel & Disney Channel - they don't watch much prime time stuff other than what I mentioned aboved, which we mostly PVR & watch together on non-dance nights.

cynmckee

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
My kid is a geek so she is really into Japanese anime.  It was a blizzard here last night and we had car issues, so we were all home and did a anime marathon on Netflix.  Box sets are the only thing she wants for Christmas...yay me.  She also likes The 100.  We watched SYTYCD religiously until Jim was booted....then not so much.  Other than that...she is not much into TV.

As for me:  Walking Dead/Fear the Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Leftovers, Getting On (just discovered this show...love it),  Last Man on Earth.  Sometimes Grimm, sometimes Sleepy Hallow, sometimes Supernatural.
kmpmom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Survivor
Scorpion
Castle
The Next Step (Canadian show)
Big Bang Theory (although it's going downhill)
Blackish (family fav)
SYTYCD 
Raptors and Blue Jays games

...that's about it.

DD turns 15 today and we've definitely seen a shift in the kind of shows she likes in the past year.  
My2DanceLoves

Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #4 
The only thing we really watch together as far as TV shows is SYTYCD.  But my kids are teens.  They watch things like Awkward , My Big Fat Fabulous LIfe, Bring It on, and Finding Carter (which I get sucked in to whenever I am in the room much to my dismay)  

I love a good late night binge ....so I have watched a lot of stuff that is on Netflix.  Right now I am binging on Blacklist when I have time.  I watch The Walking Dead / Fear The walking Dead , Sleepy Hollow , Haven , Rizzoli and Isles, American Horror , SYTYCD , and my newest favorite Blindspot.   Luckily I have DVR and not all of these are on the same time of year.  [smile]
cynmckee

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by My2DanceLoves
The only thing we really watch together as far as TV shows is SYTYCD.  But my kids are teens.  They watch things like Awkward , My Big Fat Fabulous LIfe, Bring It on, and Finding Carter (which I get sucked in to whenever I am in the room much to my dismay)  

I love a good late night binge ....so I have watched a lot of stuff that is on Netflix.  Right now I am binging on Blacklist when I have time.  I watch The Walking Dead / Fear The walking Dead , Sleepy Hollow , Haven , Rizzoli and Isles, American Horror , SYTYCD , and my newest favorite Blindspot.   Luckily I have DVR and not all of these are on the same time of year.  [smile]

I kind of like Blindspot too but it must come on at a time when we aren't home, so I have to remember to go back and watch it.  I want to like American Horror but I can't get into the Hotel one...it is just too weird for me to connect to it.  I liked the witch year.
My2DanceLoves

Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Coven was my favorite American Horror.  I didn't stick with the Freakshow season.  I didn't like it for multiple reasons.  LOL.   I liked Hotel much more the first few episodes than the last few but so far I am sticking with it. 
FantabulouslyCherry

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #7 
What Mommy & Daddy like and DVR to watch when DD goes to bed:
NCIS
Ash vs. Evil Dead
Once Upon a Time
The Muppets
Ghost Adventures
The Dead Files
Big Bang Theory

What we usually watch because of DD:
Sesame Street
PJ Masks
Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
Sofia the First
Doc McStuffins
stpierremom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #8 
My girls and I watch Project Runway together.  They are liking the new Project Runway Junior, too.  As a family, we sometimes watch the Tigers games, but that's about it.
Mittenmom3

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #9 
Two big brothers so...

Sports -- Detroit teams, lions, tigers, red wings

SYTTD

Project runway

Cooking shows on food network. She's a really good little cook.

ABC family movies

She's not a big tv watcher
happytappyfeet

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #10 
With DD14 we watch Hawaii 5-0, NCIS LA, and Switched at Birth.

With DD17 we watch Jane the Virgin. She also watches NCIS LA.
theyarg

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #11 
DD 16 and I love:
Once Upon a Time (our together time on Sunday nights since the show started!)
Gotham
Scream Queens
Scorpion
Dominion (just read it wasn't renewed for another season [bawl])

As you can see, I have trained her to love fantasy/sci fi! [biggrin]
We used to really love Face Off too.
EJIDance

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #12 
Haha. Strawberry Shortcake [smile]
Becca

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #13 

Fresh off the Boat

Muppets

Big Bang Theory

And my DD13 loves Once Upon a Time

tappinmom

Double Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #14 
I watch way too much tv. 

Scorpion, NCIS, NCIS LA, Criminal Minds, TWD, FTWD, SYTYCD, Big Ban Theory, Blackish, Modern Family, Grandfathered, Quanitco, CSI Cyber, Blindspot, Dr Phil, Chicago Fire, Chicago, PD, Chicago Med.....  Thank god for DVR's.  [smile]
kmpmom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #15 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tappinmom
I watch way too much tv. 

Scorpion, NCIS, NCIS LA, Criminal Minds, TWD, FTWD, SYTYCD, Big Ban Theory, Blackish, Modern Family, Grandfathered, Quanitco, CSI Cyber, Blindspot, Dr Phil, Chicago Fire, Chicago, PD, Chicago Med.....  Thank god for DVR's.  [smile]

oooo...that reminded me!  DD loves Quantico for some reason!  I like the new CSI Cyber (way better than last year's version) and Code Black!! And anything MasterChef or Top Chef related.

I'll also admit it ...I've gotten into Million Dollar Listing too.  SHAME ON ME!  
tappinmom

Double Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #16 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmpmom
Quote:
Originally Posted by tappinmom
I watch way too much tv. 

oooo...that reminded me!  DD loves Quantico for some reason!  I like the new CSI Cyber (way better than last year's version) and Code Black!! And anything MasterChef or Top Chef related.

I'll also admit it ...I've gotten into Million Dollar Listing too.  SHAME ON ME!  

Quantico is amazing!  I totally forgot about Code Black - love that one too. [smile]
Suzit42

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #17 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynmckee
My kid is a geek so she is really into Japanese anime.  It was a blizzard here last night and we had car issues, so we were all home and did a anime marathon on Netflix.  Box sets are the only thing she wants for Christmas...yay me.  She also likes The 100.  We watched SYTYCD religiously until Jim was booted....then not so much.  Other than that...she is not much into TV.

As for me:  Walking Dead/Fear the Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Leftovers, Getting On (just discovered this show...love it),  Last Man on Earth.  Sometimes Grimm, sometimes Sleepy Hallow, sometimes Supernatural.

DD16 is obsessed with anime. Its to the point where she makes costumes and I have taken her and friends to local anime cons. I confess, I dont get it. But it makes them happy.
Jerseyboymom

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #18 
We are big TV people. I'm not ashamed to admit it! We all loved Parks and Rec, but now that's over, so our favorites are:

Doctor Who
The Goldbergs
Fresh off The Boat
The Middle
Big Bang Theory
Amazing Race

DS also watches anime - he likes a show called Hunter x Hunter, not sure if that's technically anime or not. (Or manga? I am so clueless.)
He also likes Rick and Morty and Gravity Falls.

I love Call the Midwife, can't wait for the next special.
I also watch Project Runway, The Great British Baking Show, and sometimes Top Chef.
We used to watch SYTYCD, but mostly watched featured routines online this season.
Oh, and sports, especially tennis! If nothing interesting is on, the Tennis Channel goes on by default.

Psmom

Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #19 
Fixer Upper (Chip and Joanna Gaines!, The walking Dead, Criminal Minds, and Code Black DD doesn't watch anything currently. We all used to watch American Horror Story but it just lost my interest this season. If I'm in a TV watching mood I try to find a series and watch it straight through rather than current TV. I did that with the first 2 seasons of Call the Midwife
jazzminesun81

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #20 
We love anime, too! Both DD's are named for anime characters. Any recommendations on Netflix? We loved Fullmetal Alchemist, Cowboy Bebop, Battle Angel Alita and Trigun.

With DD, we watch:
Eureka
Haven
NCIS
Top Chef
Agents of Shield
Phineas and Ferb

No dance shows. Too much talk and not enough dancing. If DD wants to watch dancing we just Youtube it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynmckee

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: