Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Dancerfun

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Hello! So we have attended Radix the past two years and have really enjoyed it. This coming year our studio owner wants us to try a new one (to us) called the West Coast Dance Explosion. However, it conflicts with Radix, which we really wanted to attend again. Has anyone been to West Coast Dance? Did you like it? Another one we are looking at trying is NYCDA, which I've heard positive things about on this board. At least looking back over older posts, NYCDA seems to be a favorite. Any info or thoughts is appreciated.

ETA, I just realized I probably should have posted this under the workshops board. Sorry. Let me know if I need to move it!
EvryDayShufflin

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Our studio has been attending WCDE since it began 21 years ago and we love it! We have attended 6 years at least. My DS was their National Elite Male first runner up (similar to The Dance Award's Best Dancer). My teen DD and her friends also love the classes and faculty - truly top notch and they all learn so much. The faculty truly cares about educating the next generation. The weekend is well run and the staff dedicated to making things work for everyone. Competition is not over-scheduled which is a big plus to me. I can't say enough positive things! We are trying RADIX this year and heading back to NYCDA as well after a few years off from it. Best of luck!!!
cynmckee

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
In terms of quality of convention, I rank them 1. NYCDA. 2.Radix 3. WCDE  We do NYCDA and Radix yearly.  WCDE no longer is in our area, but we did them yearly before they left.
NCKDAD

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #4 
I've heard great things about WCDE
Dancerfun

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Okay, thanks all! I have a feeling our SO is going to go with WCDE as she really wants to check it out. And I think we may add NYCDA. Sounds like we may miss Radix this year which stinks. But glad to hear WCDE may also be a great experience!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.