Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
ScottishDanceMum

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Is there any difference between these and regular slipper booties, other than the price tag?

dancermom128

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Not sure but my DD wears her Bloch booties everyday.
Kfish1987

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Not sure. My daughter loves them and I got them on Zulily.com for 40% off regular price
ScottishDanceMum

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #4 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancermom128
Not sure but my DD wears her Bloch booties everyday.

At class, or around the house?

dancermom128

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottishDanceMum

At class, or around the house?

She wears them to class every day.
ggsmith

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #6 
DD received a pair for her birthday last year and she wears them frequently to and from dance.  Hers are a pretty print from Bloch.  I think its more a fashion thing for her, and probably wouldn't have spent the money on them.  I did buy her a pair of slipper boots with an arch support and rubber soles that she wears as well, especially if it is raining or she expects to be wearing the boots a lot and walking about.  It's warm we live, but that didn't stop her from going through a leg warmer stage.  "Garbage bag" pants and shorts are very popular right now at her studio and other studios we visit, so she has a couple pair of them.  Dancewear goes through fads just like "regular" clothes and I believe the booties are a fad for the most part.  
dave9988

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #7 
Mine wears them between classes, never outside. 
ScottishDanceMum

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #8 

Thanks for all the responses!

Now, if I'm not mistaken, these are worn over their dance shoes, right?  To keep their feet warmed up after stretching?

dancermom128

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #9 
My DD doesn't wear them over shoes. She wears them to class, while stretching before and sometimes for a bit at barre.
mic123

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #10 
My daughter does wear them over her dance shoes when walking outside from dressing room to stage.
tiptoemom

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #11 
I would not say they are a fad. They were worn at our pre-pro for at least 6-7 years and still are. They wear them over slippers or pointe shoes to stay warm and protect their shoes. They wear them around the school, but not outside.
dancermom128

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #12 
I wouldn't say they are a fad either. My DD had been wearing them for probably 4 years.
ScottishDanceMum

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #13 
Thank you all!  I'll keep an eye out for a pair on sale, or just a bigger pair of her current slipper boots that will fit her dance shoes inside.  
dave9988

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #14 
Bloch also makes a sock meant to be worn over pointe shoes.  Kind of cool.  Item W6730 on their website.
jwsqrdplus2

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #15 
My daughter loves these!  She has 3 pairs of different colors that she rotates to match her outfits!  [rolleyes]  At comps you will see her wearing them any time she has a large gap between dances and after she has warmed up her feet/shoes for her pointe solo (they fit over the shoes nicely) before she dances.  She rarely wears them outside (maybe studio to car and only if it is not raining or snowing).
Dancingemu

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #16 
Question about the booties: what does the bottom of them look like? Are they meant to be worn outside (to and from the car or possibly to another kid's activity) or only inside (like studios and conventions)? Tia
DanceForFun

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #17 
I got a pair for my daughter for Christmas a couple of years ago. She brings them to competitions and wears them between numbers. She does not wear them over dance shoes.  Have you checked out Discount Dance Supply? I got them there for a decent price.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: