Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
Twinkletoesx2

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #26 
Interesting.My girls will get physicals end of the summer,ninterested to see if their levels came up or not.
rdsmom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #27 
We take them in my family all 7 months of winter. Frozen tundra and all, I need them as well as several evenly spaced vacations to tropical islands! I don't get the vacations, but sometimes I go tanning (like once a month) just to warm up during my Minnesota winters!
tendumom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #28 
The majority of people in the continental US and Canada will be at least somewhat deficient in vitamin D. It took me a year to get my level to the normal range. My internist actually wants my level a bit higher than the bottom of the published normal range due to some other studies that indicate other benefits at somewhat higher levels. I take 2000 IU most days. 
cynmckee

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #29 
I haven't picked up the prescription yet, so I'm not sure how high it will be, but I do know it is once a week dosage.  He said if I wanted to go daily, I would have to take over 4000 IU per day.  Have you figured out why you aren't absorbing, happytappyfeet?  It will be interesting to see if mine comes up in 6th months (retest month.)
cynmckee

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #30 
Quote:
Originally Posted by happytappyfeet
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynmckee
I haven't picked up the prescription yet, so I'm not sure how high it will be, but I do know it is once a week dosage.  He said if I wanted to go daily, I would have to take over 4000 IU per day.  Have you figured out why you aren't absorbing, happytappyfeet?  It will be interesting to see if mine comes up in 6th months (retest month.)
Unfortunately not yet. They are looking at autoimmune diseases like crohns . I've had lots of strange symptoms for quite a few years. Most not so overt that I chalked them up to getting older. Now they seem to be coming in a big pile to the point of really not feeling well. Hence a more thorough look at what's been going on. At one point I was taking 10 000 IUs daily and after 4 months saw no improvement to my levels. I'm also deficient in B12, even though I eat more than an adequate amount of red meat. Actually I eat a pretty healthy diet of lean meats, fresh fruits and vegetables, and very limited intake of sugars and processed foods of any kind.

Getting older, even if it is just a little, isn't for the faint of heart, that's for sure.  I have decided this is my year to really take responsibility for my health instead of just saying, "ah, this is just what happens when you age."  I got a battery of tests, and let me tell you, it has been overwhelming.  The drugs I need to be on went from zero to "I can't stuff them all in that little container" (read: gagable.)  The diet will be an extreme change over the next year.  And the exercise...cheeses, the exercise.  I think I just teared up a little.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: