Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Dancingdd

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #1 
DD10 and I are going to see part of the YAGP in Phila in a few weeks. We will be there 2 days. Can you recommend any good dance supply stores?

I’m already planning on going to The Rosin Box. She’s in her first pointe shoes and they are fine but she would like to take the opportunity to try on others.

I was hoping to buy her a nice leotard if we can find one. But I don’t know where to go.
Also any other suggestions for other places to visit while there. Thank you!
PasDeChatMom

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #2 
The Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, The Constitution Center [smile]
tiptoemom

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #3 
@Dancingdd We live in Philadelphia. Where will you be staying? Rosin box is wonderful and where we have always gone for pointe shoes. Not sure if any of the other dancewear stores would offer leotards that are different than anywhere else. We always ordered yumiko or eleve when we wanted something special. How old is your daughter and what are you all interested in?
tendumom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 

There will also be some tables/booths at YAGP from semi-local stores that will be selling leotards, skirts, and even pointe shoes. 

I'll echo that The Rosin Box is a wonderful place to visit because they have such a wide selection of brands and sizes. They will always ship to you as well. I am not aware of any other stores in the region that carry such a wide range of brands (and that includes NYC)

Dancingdd

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Tiptoe we are staying at one of the Hilton’s closer to where YAGP will be held. Not center of town.
We’ve been to philly to see the sights and museums a few years ago. My daughter is 10 and her interested include ballet and dance and food. So any special places to catch lunch would be good. Thank you!
tiptoemom

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Rosin Box is located at 2050 Sansom Street, which is near Rittenhouse Square. Rittenhouse is a lovely, upscale green square that should still be decorated for Christmas. The modern company where my daughter dances is nearby and these are some of the places where they eat:
Shake Shack, which is a good burger chain is half a block from Rosin box.
Capogiro is across the street and has wonderful gelato.
The Mac Mart is a few blocks away at  104 S. 18th street. Daughter loves the variety of mac and cheese
The Milk House is also a few blocks away at 37 S. 19th Street and has wonderful grilled cheese.
Max Brenner is a chocolate meeca at 1500 Walnut street. You could walk through Rittenhouse and down Walnut Street, which has all of the best shopping and head to Max Brenner. I don't love the food but check out the website. Kids love it. 
CheeseCake Factory is also on Walnut Street.

Let me know if you have any logistical questions.

You might want to make an appointment for Rosin Box in case it is busy. 

Dancingdd

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #7 
Thank you for all the places to eat! I called the Rosin Box and he said they don’t make appointments. He said Saturdays are always busy so we will go Friday.
tiptoemom

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #8 
No problem! I hope you are successful at Rosin Box and that you find a good place to eat!!
Dancingdd

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #9 
Just an update... had a great time even though it was freezing. Went to Rosin Box. Came home with Bloch European Balance but I should have noticed the toe box even in the narrowest size that we got is still too big for her and she feels pressure on her big toes and that her toes aren’t being supported on the sides. (Sigh) bit she still loves them and can go up on them so easily and turn in them.
We went to Reading Terminal Market for lunch. Super crazy on a Saturday.
I was too tired to see the awards which were until 10:30pm. When will they be posted?
Now I want to go to nyc semi finals and finals. I really loved the ballet (classical) but wasn’t that interested in the contemporary.
tendumom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #10 

Glad you both had a great time! 

NYC is an experience in itself.  The semifinals do get a little boring at times (Paquita, Paquita, Paquita, Lilac, Aurora, Lilac, Aurora, etc), but there are so many wonderful dancers to watch with just a few "how did they get here when so many didn't?" mixed in.  Dd and I went a few times and enjoyed it. 

disneymom2two

PREMIUM MEMBER
Reply with quote  #11 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiptoemom
>The Mac Mart is a few blocks away at  104 S. 18th street. Daughter loves the variety of mac and cheese<;

We're going to Philadelphia at the end of February to go to an exhibit at the Franklin Insttute. We're planning on seeing the typical tourist attractions as well since my daughter hasn't seen them; the last time we went we went to The Mutter Museum. My daughter and I love mac and cheese; we're going to have to check out the MAC Mart!
tiptoemom

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #12 
@disneymom2two love the Franklin Institute! Check out the menu and see if it interests you! Hope you all enjoy your day and that this super cold weather warms up[smile])
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.