Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
hsealover

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Has anyone ever competed at this venue before(Upper Arlington High School in Upper Arlington/Columbus, Ohio)? DD will be competing at there this weekend and we have never been. Anything we should know about the venue?

Any advice would be much appreciated!(parking, restaurants, hotels, etc.)
mia'smommy

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #2 
We competed there last year. Parking was good, right at the school. There's also quite a few restaurants around and a Starbucks close by. I also saw your post about Next Level. I don't remember much about awards so that probably means they were good! I know we got the schedule really really late last year and we all were pretty annoyed. Our dressing room was also far from the entrance to the theatre but backstage was at least close for the kids. The nice thing was a live stream of the comp in the dressing room so you could easily watch friends and see what number they were in. They also ran in time and stayed in order of the program. Hope this helps!
hsealover

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mia'smommy
We competed there last year. Parking was good, right at the school. There's also quite a few restaurants around and a Starbucks close by. I also saw your post about Next Level. I don't remember much about awards so that probably means they were good! I know we got the schedule really really late last year and we all were pretty annoyed. Our dressing room was also far from the entrance to the theatre but backstage was at least close for the kids. The nice thing was a live stream of the comp in the dressing room so you could easily watch friends and see what number they were in. They also ran in time and stayed in order of the program. Hope this helps!

Thank you! We haven't even gotten an outline yet! We've been told that it will be a two day comp, but haven't even been told which days yet. Kinda hoping for Saturday and Sunday. DD and I haven't been to this comp but other people on her team went a few years ago! Excited to see how it goes!
Amomofonedancer

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #4 
We are from Columbus and much of my family went to UA high school.  Have not been back to the high school in recent years.  However, if you want to take a look at The Ohio State University, it is very close.  We combined some competitions with college visits starting when my dd was a sophomore in high school.  You might want to make a special trip to Graeter's Ice Cream in Dublin- about a 15 minute drive.  Also- there are lots of nice malls and restaurants in Columbus.  Have fun [smile].
dad_of_four

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 

Google Maps is your friend.
Search for the school, then look at a Satellite View of the School,
Fnd the Theater (look for the "fly" area of the backstage,
its usually a rectangular shape connected to a conical shape)
Once you find the theater, you can then see the close-up parking.
(p.s. This school looks smallish, parking appears limited)

Next, in the Google Maps left-hand window, click on "Nearby", then Restaurants Nearby
From there you can set a filter based on Price, Cuisine, Open Now.
The "Open Now" is especially important if you are at the School on Sunday, as this will only show restaurants currently opened

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: