Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
DancingDawn2011

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #1 
My 12 yo dd has developed a lot down below and I know she's going to be uncomfortable changing tights in the dressing room sans panties. I have seen some older girls wearing thongs but I feel weird putting a 12 yo in a thong not to mention it seems like she'd be changing one uncomfortable situation for another. Anyone BTDT and can share what underwear worked for your younger but developed dd? Thanks so much!
Twinkletoesx2

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Nude microfiber panties from justice.
prancer

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #3 
We used the same panties from Justice as twinkletoesx2. But I was surprised when dd was 13, she went shopping with a friend and bought her own thongs for dance. This is what the older girls at her studio wear. You might ask your dd what kind of undies she wants for dance.
rdsmom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 
I agree with prancer. Ask her what kind she wants. DD 14 began wearing thongs at 12, but she was the youngest on her team at the time and all of the other girls were already wearing them, so it wasn't a big deal for her. 
jwsqrdplus2

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 
I agree with asking your daughter.  Mine is 18, and wears nude, seamless panties from Victoria's Secret.  She no desire to wear and does not like the idea of a thong.
NCKDAD

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #6 
We use the nude seamless justice ones for DD11 when she has dances without tights. I bought a thong for her to try because sometimes the briefs are right at the same line as the costume, but after one try she said no way! I told her throughout this year I'd like her to increase her comfort level dancing with them bc it would be easier for costuming to make sure no undies peak out. She was ok with that bc the older girls she's with almost all wear thongs .
Krispi32477

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #7 
My DD11 usually wears the nude ones from justice, but this year she has one costume (without tights) that we bought the VS "cheekies" for...she adjusted just fine. I just couldn't bring myself to buy her a thong [frown]
NCKDAD

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krispi32477
My DD11 usually wears the nude ones from justice, but this year she has one costume (without tights) that we bought the VS "cheekies" for...she adjusted just fine. I just couldn't bring myself to buy her a thong [frown]

I'll have to look into those. She won't walk into VS with me.. yet she wants a PINK sweatshirt 🙄
prancer

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #9 
NCKDAD - my husband wanted to do the Christmas shopping. The PINK sweatshirt was on the list! He went into PINK alone, was immediately "saved" by a helpful salesgirl. He showed her the list and she grabbed it all for him ( and then some). He assumed they were used to the super uncomfortable dad trying to do right by his girl. He said he would go back again - with a list.
TwirlyGirlsMom1

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #10 
We also do the cheekies, but from Pink, sometimes nude, sometimes black, depending on the costume. They are not supposed to wear underwear at all with costumes at our studio, but dd is too uncomfortable with that and wears the cheekies. It has never been a problem and has been a godsend during her time of the month.
Dancemom02

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #11 
My DD16 used to be at an old studio with very different ways than most. (For one they used to all have to get spray tanned, even the little ones, for comp. And the SO would do it herself) But they also all started wearing thongs very early on my DD started wearing them when she was 9 or 10 some others started even younger when they were 7. Our SO would just buy them for everyone who she determined needed them for the year based on their costumes regardless of age, sent them home with the girls, and charged our accounts. That was it. All of the girls on the team thought it was normal whereas now DD is at a different studio and sees how only the older kids are wearing them and whenever she tells one of them how long she has been wearing them they think she is crazy.

Added note: it took some getting used to having my little girl wearing thongs. But I get it now for stage purposes and she wore normal underwear anytime she was not dancing.
vw624

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #12 
Our studio encourages a nude bodysuit then tights overtop. Granted DD hasn't hit puberty but I imagine we'll continue this until she expresses a desire to do something different.
emmymom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #13 
DD started wearing the nude thongs from VS around 12 years old I think.  She only wore them when she danced at that age, never as an everyday undergarment.  

I think we both thought of them as just part of the costume and that took all of the "my daughters wearing a thong at 12" out of the equation.  
mom24

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #14 

We ended up with nude seamless panties from Victoria's Secret.

My skinny, no booty kid liked these. She is currently wearing 9/10 panties. The Vic Sec Pink size XS fit perfectly.
Cheekini Panty AJ-355-045
Seamless Bikini AJ-361-847

My rounder kid liked these. She is currently wearing 9/10 panties, but could move up a size. The Vic Sec Pink XS fit, but if I were buying again I would get a Small.
Hiphugger Panty AJ-355-042
Seamless Hipster AJ-358-341 

Both kids HATED this one bc it doesn't have leg seams so it wouldn't stay where it was supposed to. Don't buy this one!
No-Show Cheekster AJ-322-443

mom24

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #15 
Oh, and "nude" is darker than "buff", for anyone else who didn't know. 🙂
disneymom2two

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #16 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancemom02
My DD16 used to be at an old studio with very different ways than most. (For one they used to all have to get spray tanned, even the little ones, for comp. And the SO would do it herself) But they also all started wearing thongs very early on my DD started wearing them when she was 9 or 10 some others started even younger when they were 7. Our SO would just buy them for everyone who she determined needed them for the year based on their costumes regardless of age, sent them home with the girls, and charged our accounts. That was it. All of the girls on the team thought it was normal whereas now DD is at a different studio and sees how only the older kids are wearing them and whenever she tells one of them how long she has been wearing them they think she is crazy. Added note: it took some getting used to having my little girl wearing thongs. But I get it now for stage purposes and she wore normal underwear anytime she was not dancing.

Most of the older girls wear them at our studio but a couple of the petite team do as well.  I bought one for my daughter last year (she was 10) after her 8 year old teammate got one but she tried it on and didn't like it.  The thongs don't bother me; I'd draw a line at the spray tan.
armydancemom

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #17 
For anyone who has a dd who doesn't want to wear thongs, try cutting a pair of old or ripped tights up. For a long time, my dd refused to wear a thong, but when the no tight with briefs trend started, we became worried that the brief panties would show onstage and I learned from another mom the tight trick. Just take a pair of beat up tights, put the briefs over them and cut the tights where they'll be hidden under the brief. Dd gets the coverage and there is no worry about underwear showing onstage!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: