Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
cheena1218

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #1 
My DD 13 comp is in 10 days and she needs some type of bra under some of her costumes. I'm not quite sure what to get her.... please give me some suggestions ASAP [smile] 
Beccasmom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
It depends on the type of costume and how well-endowed she is. My dd (15) can get away with one of those stick-on bras you can get at Target if she needs a bra. Some costumes she doesn't even need one with; it really depends on the style and how much support is already built in.
cynmckee

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Sticky bra all the way.
Bonbonmama

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Another recommendation for sticky bra. Up until this year, DD was getting away with just using the sticky little petals (it was only for modesty as a couple of the costumes were a little more transparent) but this year she wanted the sticky bra. So far so good, but she isn't very well endowed so support isn't really much of an issue..!
momcrew

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #5 
What brand is the sticky bra? 
Beccasmom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 
I think this is the one my dd has:

http://www.target.com/p/fashion-forms-women-s-superlite-adhesive-bra/-/A-13793203

prancer

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 
Be sure you try the bra on with each costume before the first performance.  We thought sticky bra/pasties, but in one costume, you could see the outline of the cup form and it looked ridiculous.  We went with a skin color bra with clear straps.  You can find these at target, justice, and your local dance store.
my2miracles

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #8 
DD14 where's a dance bra with clear back & shoulder straps.  She's too endowed for a sticky bra.  You can get them from your local dance store or online at places like Discount Dance.
spddancemom

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #9 
My DD is 13 and she has worn the Body Wrappers convertible bra since she began needing something a little extra underneath.  It is great and she will not wear anything else, it was clear shoulder straps and clear back strap.
melissa745

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #10 
I'm surprised that so many recommended bras with clear straps. That would never be allowed at our studio.
Billpayer2000

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #11 
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissa745
I'm surprised that so many recommended bras with clear straps. That would never be allowed at our studio.

I'm curious as to what they wear under?
iceberg*lover

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #12 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billpayer2000
I'm curious as to what they wear under?

the bras with clear straps tend to reflect under stage lights.  
Suzit42

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #13 
DD17 and her teammates mostly wear

http://www.target.com/p/fashion-forms-women-s-breast-petals-nude-3-pack/-/A-14785481?ref=tgt_adv_XS000000&AFID=google_pla_df&CPNG=PLA_Women+Shopping_Brand&adgroup=SC_Women&LID=700000001170770pgs&network=g&device=t&location=9016996&gclid=CPG--v27xdICFci2wAod0TEBeQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

They show in a few costumes, in those, they wear

https://www.amazon.com/Braza-Adhesive-Silicone-Nipple-Covers/dp/B00NUXQ4MW/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1488926726&sr=8-5&keywords=Braza+gel

No one is allowed to wear clear straps.
Suzit42

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #14 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beccasmom
I think this is the one my dd has:

http://www.target.com/p/fashion-forms-women-s-superlite-adhesive-bra/-/A-13793203

DD17 has worn this in the past and it worked out great.
Bonbonmama

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #15 
No clear straps allowed here either (for good reason... I am a costumer and hate the way the clear straps catch the lights on stage!).
prancer

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #16 
Never had the straps exposed on a costume, since dd has needed a little something, all her costumes have had coverage. Hope the trend continues!
Midge

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #17 
The clear straps are awful, and cut into the skin.  They also aren't very supportive.  Skin colored fabric straps disappear so much better under the lights (use makeup on the straps if necessary)

Bal togs used to make a really good nude mesh dance bra with fabric straps, but all I can find now are the clear ones.  I'm tempted to take an old one and try to recreate it if I can find the right kind of mesh, it is a very simple but effective design.

Other options are to sew a bra directly into the costume, wear a body liner, body tights or tape.  I've also taken a bra that fits but has ugly straps/back and replaced them with less obtrusive ones.
emmymom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #18 
No clear straps were ever allowed at DD's studio.  She had many open back costumes over the years and the big clear strap across the back would have been a big "no no". DD used the following from Target for many, many years (obviously not the same exact one, but the same style). 

http://www.target.com/p/fashion-forms-women-s-backless-strapless-bra/-/A-14152680?lnk=rec|pdpipadh1|related_prods_vv|pdpipadh1|14152680|1

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.