Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
BCdancemom

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Does your dancer wear turners? Or foot undies?

I am thinking about ordering the capezio 55 turners for my dd13 for her contemporary. What do your dancers think of them?

She has worn foot undies for past 5 years, and might like to try something different [smile]

rdsmom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
DD14 likes Bloch foot thong 3. She cuts off some of the elastic to make it more comfortable. They last much longer than foot undies!
BCdancemom

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdsmom
DD14 likes Bloch foot thong 3. She cuts off some of the elastic to make it more comfortable. They last much longer than foot undies!

Yes, my dd has these too! They are good and do last!
Ktyyyyyyy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCdancemom
I am thinking about ordering the capezio 55 turners for my dd13 for her contemporary. What do your dancers think of them?

DD dances barefoot a lot, but if she is doing a lot of turns, these are her shoes of choice. She finds other half sole styles to be too slippery, but these have the same texture on the bottom as a jazz shoe. I've heard they don't fit wide feet well, but dd has narrow feet, so that's not a problem.
rubydancemom

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #5 
DD wears canvas ones, but hates leather ones. I think I buy about 6 pairs a year. She wears the Body Wrappers version called Twyla.
5678StarMom

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #6 
The 55's have a rubber jazz shoe like bottom, the twylas have a leather bottom. Other than that, they are very similar looking. Also if you decide to buy the 55's they run extremely small. I buy my DD14 the XL adult, and she has a size 8 foot...they last a lot longer that the twylas for her too, although I've heard the complete opposite! DD14 likes the 55's better but she has been going barefoot more and more often too.
Beccasmom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubydancemom
DD wears canvas ones, but hates leather ones. I think I buy about 6 pairs a year. She wears the Body Wrappers version called Twyla.

My dd likes the Twylas too.
LoveJillyLilly2Dance

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #8 
My DD likes the Turning Pointe 55's as they have the jazz shoe bottom that isn't as slippery as the suede bottomed others. My DD is a turner and likes these better as she feels that she can feel the floor and have more control. 
beachgirl

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveJillyLilly2Dance
My DD likes the Turning Pointe 55's as they have the jazz shoe bottom that isn't as slippery as the suede bottomed others. My DD is a turner and likes these better as she feels that she can feel the floor and have more control. 

I feel like the jazz shoe bottom would be more slippery. DD has turns and tricks and I was afraid the jazz shoe bottom would make her slip, but the suede soles don't turn as well as normal jazz shoes. So you feel like the jazz shoe bottom is less slippery? How do you think it would fair on aerials and back handsprings? 
oliviablond

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #10 
My daughter has been wearing these turners for her gym classes:
[296-toe_shoes_rialitta] 
Amazing quality for the money! Browse around this site to find these turners and man other.
HTownDanceMom

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #11 
I just purchased my DD a pair of Capezio turners for competition and she absolutely loves them over foot undies.
jwsqrdplus2

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #12 
Mine loved the Adage turners, but since they changed their sizing, it has been challenging finding them for her.  She needed an AL in their old sizing but an XXXL or XXXXL in the new sizing!

As a studio, we are moving away from turners and back to jazz shoes, and I have to admit, I do prefer that classic look.  No more turners for us.
AngelDancewear

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #13 
We find that the 'half-sole' turning shoes for Danshuz are really populate over here in the UK
https://shop.angeldancewear.co.uk/freedom-canvas-half-sole-danshuz

The thing to watch out for is that the fit of the turning shoe really depends upon the width of the foot - rather than their normal shoe size. You want a reasonably tight fit
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: