Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
MimisMom

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #1 
DD(7) was offered a trio. Just wondering what happens if one of the girls does not accept. Will it turn into a duet or just get pulled? The e-mail with extras just got sent to us and my head is spinning.
nyklane

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #2 
How exciting!
Do you know already one dancer will not accept?  I'm sure if you are are still interested, and perhaps another dancer too - then they may still keep a duo, or perhaps invite another dancer.  Just let your DT/SO know that you are interested in this opportunity even if others are not.

Good luck!
kmpmom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
At our studio, "all dancers must accept the routine or the routine will not run".  Having said that, people normally know what they're going to be offered BEFORE it's offered so there usually aren't any surprises.  

The studio may have a particular song and idea in mind for a trio that would not work for a duet.  Then again, if someone is injured during the season, you see trios turned to duets all the time.   
my2miracles

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Every studio is different.  You should make the decision with your daughter on what is best for your family and then go with the flow.  After DD's 9 years of dancing, I find going with the flow to almost always be the best course of action.
tappinmom

Double Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Both studios we attended all dancers had to accept for a routine to go forward.  With that said can you contact the other two families and see how the parents feel?  I would make sure the SO knows now that you are interested and MAYBE if it is only 2 dancers they will let it go as a duet.
MimisMom

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Updated, all three dancers have accepted so itโ€™s all good. ๐Ÿ˜Š. My daughter is so excited.
PastrySugar

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #7 
Yay! Mine has a tap trio this year!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.