Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
LABaby

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #1 
My older DD had 2 1/2 years on the competition circuit and just called it quits last month. She had enough. She wants to try comp cheer now, after watching one of her friend's teams do it in a local competition. Advice? Similar experiences? Any one know how I can manage a comp dancer's schedule and a comp cheerleader's schedule? Feeling overwhelmed...at least we have time to find the right gym, etc since try-outs aren't until May.
rdsmom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Well, I know that our first "practice" competition for s/d/t is actually a Nationals cheer event that SO has a connection to. This competition is the first weekend of Feburary, which is before most dance comps get started. So I think the comp schedules will be separate. Good Luck!
DanceTumbleCheerMom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
When DD12 was competing in Dance, DD13 was competing in Cheer and Tumbling..  Its doable, We were gone 2 -3 weekends a month, but its not bad.  The important thing is staying organized have have a schedule printed out.  
Dancingemu

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #4 
We have many at our studio doing both, but that also helps in we never have conflicting competitions. It does take a lot of time commitment, but it's doable. Just make sure if they aren't at the same facility that they know you are in both.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: