Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
2girls

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #1 
I have always wondered.....

If your dancer is chosen for one of the coveted positions like Velocity's MVA+, Celebrity Crew, The Dance Awards Best Dancer, Pulse Protege, and so on....are the dancers responsible to pay for travel and hotel costs if they travel and assist w/ the conventions? 
hsealover

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #2 
I think it depends on the convention. Some pay for you to go to x amount of conventions, full expense paid, I believe. Then, I think all of them allow you to attend that actual convention tuition free and assist.
Dancerfun

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #3 
My daughter's teammate was asked to be part of the Celebrity Junior Crew. She ended up not going, but I believe she would have had to pay all travel expenses and pay for the cruise. But the classes would all be free (as she'd have been an assistant) and I believe she also got to compete her solo for free. Not 100% sure on that though. Such an awesome recognition... for those lucky enough to afford the opportunity. I once had a teacher say that succeeding in the professional dance world takes talent, hard work, opportunity... and money.
gymanddance

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 
For Best Dancer I know for a fact that mini best dancer has to pay all of their own expenses. Teens and Seniors are paid for. Junior Best Dancer is supposed to have to pay there own way as well, but there were rumors this year that BTF helped with at least one of the Junior Best Dancer's travel expenses.
dmjrm4

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #5 
We had two teammates on Adrenaline crew this year.  Adrenaline paid $400.00 toward the plane, hotel, food costs to each crew member for ten competitions during one season. So $4,000 if they went to ten competitions to assist.
heidi459

Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancerfun
My daughter's teammate was asked to be part of the Celebrity Junior Crew. She ended up not going, but I believe she would have had to pay all travel expenses and pay for the cruise. But the classes would all be free (as she'd have been an assistant) and I believe she also got to compete her solo for free. Not 100% sure on that though. Such an awesome recognition... for those lucky enough to afford the opportunity. I once had a teacher say that succeeding in the professional dance world takes talent, hard work, opportunity... and money.

Which could also be interpreted as a willingness to sacrifice.  And perhaps think outside of the box.  Far too many seem to expect life to just fall into place rather smoothly and just assume that something is not meant to be if it doesn't. Whatever makes them feel better, I suppose.
cynmckee

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 
I think for NYCDA, you sign a contract saying you will attach 10 conventions.  They give you $300 for airfair and I think they pay for your hotel.
2girls

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #8 

Thanks everyone for your feedback! 
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.