Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
birdmom

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #1 
My dancer was in 4 recitals today with 2 tomorrow. He only did his tap solo in the first 2 recitals. I snuck my family in to see him  (I split the people between the 2). I think my parents really appreciated seeing it in person since they live out of state and have only watched it on competition live streams.

I hope I can hold it together tomorrow. We are all going to the last recital tomorrow. At the end, my husband and I go onstage to give him flowers. Plus there is a senior video and they all do part of their solos with a voice over. I might lose it.
Suzit42

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
You can do this. My DD18 had a group ballet dance this year. The music was a piano version of Pomp and Circumstance. DD and the other two seniors wore graduation caps. At the last comp, DD and the other two seniors chose a spot where they took off their caps and at the end of the dance they threw them in the air. Not a dry eye in the house.

This was one of the biggest sob fests. Last weekend, at recital, the last dance of the last show was probably the best dance of the year. At the end of the dance, one of the seniors is onstage alone. As soon as she was alone, all of her teammates rushed out for a huge hug. Again, so much Kleenex
joriebelle

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
You're both making me cry!  I went through this with my oldest in 2014 and it makes me cry just remembering it.  Best wishes to all of you!  Now DS is off to different things and he will make new memories.  
jwsqrdplus2

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Ours was last night.  When they closed the curtains after the Final show that included the Senior Presentation, it looked like someone set off a tear gas canister on stage!  Tears everywhere from dancers, teachers and parents alike!  Some of the younger kids were killing me, full out sobbing.  This year's graduating class will definitely be missed!
rdsmom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Good luck and congrats to your DS for so many happy years of dancing, Birdmom! Hope this storm doesn't interfere with plans today! It's hailing as I write this! 

birdmom

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdsmom
Good luck and congrats to your DS for so many happy years of dancing, Birdmom! Hope this storm doesn't interfere with plans today! It's hailing as I write this! 

Well, we lost power until 2:45 this morning. Luckily my parents were in a hotel that had power so I was able to dry my hair and do my makeup there. The recital venue had power too so that was good. 

The recital was great. I cried during his tap small group. I held it together during the presentation. There were lots of dancer tears after the seniors did their solo snippets with the voice overs. 

On today's agenda, rehearsal for nationals and then into the car for college orientation.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: