Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Angel2228

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Who's watching?

And does anyone know why a dancer would only compete for best dancer and not in the competition as well?

Saw some new and interesting dances. Found a few great songs to add my list 😀
Saw hip hop in bikini type costumes and sneakers 😳
Also heard them a few times making sure to announce that these were only kids and to be extremely proud of them. Sounds to me like there's some crazy DT's/stage moms.
Would love to go there one day and just sit and watch all the super talented performers!
hsealover

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #2 
According to DD, some can only compete in the best dancer competition. In order to compete in the finals comp, you must be in some kind of group dance, so if you're just going as a soloist independent of your team, then you're only eligible for best dancer! lol, TDA is DD's life this time of year. She has tons of friends competing in Las Vegas and Orlando, she was also watching the Radix stream last week.
dancermom128

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
We will be in Orlando. Many dancers don't compete in the regular comp due to the need to be in a group number and others just don't want to compete a 2nd solo. Also, many dancers compete in the regular comp and not in the Best Dancer comp because they haven't qualified to compete in it through NUVO, JUMP or 24/7.

dmjrm4

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #4 
It is so exciting.  We were glued to the livestream last night.  One of our studio boys got Senior male TOP 3.  He was the only member of our studio to go to Vegas TDA, dozens more go to Orlando next week. So proud! 
Tonight is Best Studio competition.
Friday night Best Dancer is announced, but it will not be livestreamed.
Twinkletoesx2

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Been watching on and off. Was watching the junior best dancer dance off and all the girls dressed in all black blended in with the floor and backdrop lol. They should wear something colored.
pretzel

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #6 
We are headed to Orlando and my DD is competing for Best Dancer. In her case she won a VIP scholarship at a regional Jump convention, which qualified her to do BD. She didn't compete a solo the regional because it was early in the season. We figured BD would be an awesome audition opportunity. Like others said, if you are a BD contestant you need to compete a different solo if you want to also compete in nationals. She only has one solo right now and a new one would need to be pre-qualifed anyway. Not worth the hassle and stress right now. BD contestants get some cool extra class opportunities too. Should be a fun week.
birdmom

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pretzel
We are headed to Orlando and my DD is competing for Best Dancer. In her case she won a VIP scholarship at a regional Jump convention, which qualified her to do BD. She didn't compete a solo the regional because it was early in the season. We figured BD would be an awesome audition opportunity. Like others said, if you are a BD contestant you need to compete a different solo if you want to also compete in nationals. She only has one solo right now and a new one would need to be pre-qualifed anyway. Not worth the hassle and stress right now. BD contestants get some cool extra class opportunities too. Should be a fun week.

FYI - Solos don't need to be prequalified. Only group numbers. 

TDA is probably my favorite competition/convention. We just got back from Vegas.
ballerinamom13

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdmom

FYI - Solos don't need to be prequalified. Only group numbers. 

TDA is probably my favorite competition/convention. We just got back from Vegas.

birdmom - I saw that Avery Gay won the junior catagory.  I thought her solo was very well done. I wish there was a little more dancing, but I think she has really grown.  What did you think of the other solos?  
birdmom

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballerinamom13

birdmom - I saw that Avery Gay won the junior catagory.  I thought her solo was very well done. I wish there was a little more dancing, but I think she has really grown.  What did you think of the other solos?  

I only watched my own kid who was a senior and those who were within an hour or so either way of his time (mainly to watch the other senior solos from our studio).

I love TDA because it truly has the best of the best and pretty much everything there is amazing. 
ballerinamom13

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #10 
Thanks for responding - I'm sure the seniors were really impressive!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.