Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Angel2228

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Season is ending. Dd has her teacher confirmed for a solo for next season. Now to come up with a song!! We have about a month to find something. She picks at least three songs to submit to her.

I remember quite a few saying, 'we have awesome songs for this year, will tell you all later after the season'. Well, seasons over(or not enough time left in the year) So spill it!! Lol.

She's doing jazz and wants something classic. She's going to be 14, and has done her last year of sassy cute. She wants something more mature, like feelin good. I like covers, so they're not as overplayed. We like Carly Rose Sonenclar's version of feelin good. But can not find a usable track, they all have clapping or talking with it. Any other suggestions? I've been on YouTube and Google for the past month looking! Getting desperate here.
CushKIn1

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Finding a song is so hard! We are in the process of doing that now as well. Have you heard the Dez Duron version of Feelin good? He was on The Voice and it's on iTunes. 
tappinmom

Double Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Check out Regina Spektor.  Some of her stuff is more lyrical contemporary but some would lend itself to a serious jazz piece.
BreezysMom

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Michael Buble, has a very nice version of Feeling Good.
DanceMomLaura

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #5 
My dd's team did a darker jazz to Tennis Court Flume Remix by Lorde.  It was incredible!!  Love love loved it!!!

ETA:  it's definitely NOT classic jazz however ... my DD loves the darker jazz
beachgirl

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tappinmom
Check out Regina Spektor.  Some of her stuff is more lyrical contemporary but some would lend itself to a serious jazz piece.

My DD's new contemporary solo is to one of her pieces!
alingading

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #7 
I love "Booty Swing" by Parov Stelar. It sounds really inappropriate but I swear it's not! Plus "History Repeating" by Propellerheads is good.
tinydancers

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
Originally Posted by alingading
I love "Booty Swing" by Parov Stelar. It sounds really inappropriate but I swear it's not! Plus "History Repeating" by Propellerheads is good.

Booty Swing is one of the songs dd is considering for a tap solo.
Angel2228

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #9 
Thanks for the suggestions [smile]

She prefers female vocals, did find a Jennifer Hudson version she likes. It just doesn't sound the same [frown] and I like the younger less sexy feel in Carly Rose Sonnenclars version. She's a very young looking 13. Seriously could pass for 8. One adjudicator last year told her 'how lucky she was to get to dance with the big girls' she wasn't even the youngest in her group. I love Regina Spektor!!. She really liked Gin Wigmores Kill of the night. But someone had just done it this year at her studio, and they don't like to do the same song so soon after. They've also just done booty swing.
Maybe she is more into a darker jazz. She just wants more of a mature dance.

She's just so darn picky!!
CdnDanceMom72

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #10 
DD17 has done classic jazz pieces in the last couple years.  She used Mannequin by Trish and Expensive by Tori Kelly.   Megan is also VERY picky and it took forever to decide on a jazz song  
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.