Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
ItsBonnieTheMom

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #1 
My daughter recently took classes at both these studios, (and some others), and we're now trying to decide where she should dance permanently. We're new to the dance scene. 

Any thoughts?
victoriargw

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #2 
I'm not sure exactly where you live since these two studios are almost 50 miles apart, but please remember to factor that in when making your decision lol.

If you're a beginner recreational dance mom, I don't think it'll matter much between those two studios. They're both top competition studios which aim mostly at attending (and winning) competitions, whilst giving a good dance foundation to their dancers...

Honestly I'd only start worrying about all this "studio reputation thing" when and if your child decides they want a more "pre-professional" dance experience, but since you're new to the dance world, they're both very reputable studios that will offer more than enough for your beginner child.
Ktyyyyyyy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
My only knowledge of these two studio is observations from seeing them at competitions. They're both good studios. They both seem strong in tap. SDDC has flashier costumes while TDC's are more modest. TDC has lots of boys. The girls from SDDC are really nice. Which studio did your dd feel more comfortable at? Which one is more convenient for you? Are the tuition costs similar? They are both good studios, so I think you just need to look at the other factors to make your decision. Good luck.
Rydancer24

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Both are very big "commercial dance" studios. Both great at comp. if you are newbie I agree with the other posters, you will get great training at either. . I am at a great comp studio somewhere in between both. Smaller just as good! PM me for more info if you want
DancinMama16

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #5 
My close friends moved to San Diego 6 months ago and put their kids into classes at Prodigy Dance Company after several trials at neighboring studios. They are just a little over a year old but have a wonderful facility and one of the best faculties in the area. I think they offer a free trial class/ week. Hope this helps. 
dancemama2

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #6 
I say NEITHER. Murrieta Dance Project would be where I'd send my daughter if we lived out there.
Temecula and SDDC are both amazing dance studios, don't get me wrong.
However, I am not a fan of props for every dance routine (Temecula)
Nor am I a fan of the Sophia Lucia craze at SDDC. 
MinnDanceMom

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancemama2
I say NEITHER. Murrieta Dance Project would be where I'd send my daughter if we lived out there.
Temecula and SDDC are both amazing dance studios, don't get me wrong.
However, I am not a fan of props for every dance routine (Temecula)
Nor am I a fan of the Sophia Lucia craze at SDDC. 

Couldn't agree more. I have seen all at competition over the years at one point or another. All 3 are good, but I love watching Murietta Dance Project dances.
gymndancemom2A&A

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #8 
Well, where you are located could be a deciding factor. Those 2 studios are pretty far apart and with traffic could be disastrous to get to. Good luck with your choice, both are great options. We looked into both for DD15.
ItsBonnieTheMom

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #9 
Temecula is closer to us but DD really liked San Diego Dance. 
We were shown some of Temecula's dances from the past year, noticed maybe three props? That's not many, is it?
MinnDanceMom

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #10 
If I am remembering correctly, I think Temecula had a production that took like 15 minutes or so to set up. Might have been longer. It was really elaborate. Temecula is a strong competition studio. It seems to have lots of opportunities for many different levels.
dancemama2

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #11 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsBonnieTheMom
Temecula is closer to us but DD really liked San Diego Dance. 
We were shown some of Temecula's dances from the past year, noticed maybe three props? That's not many, is it?

We competed against them at PrimeTime this year. I just remember all the props and how long it took...There were definitely more than three. I wouldn't mind if they were more organized about it, but they took very long to set up and take down. They're a great tap studio and lots of high energy as well. I just think Murrieta has a better dance education all around. [smile]
Intheburbs

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #12 
Temecula has incredible props and productions - I really enjoy watching them! They don't have props in every dance, but a lot of them will have them. 

If you like musical theater, I would say they are the way to go. If you like tap and strong overall comp dance, I would go to SDDC. If you like lyrical/contemporary with strong technique, then Murrietta. Just depends on location and what fits your kid and family. It's hard to go wrong with any of those!

Sande

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #13 
What other good studios in the san diego area can you reccomend that are not that far up north? My dds like lyrical jazz and contemporary the most... .. I would like for them to improve technique one is an intermediate and the other advanced dancer
Ktyyyyyyy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #14 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sande
What other good studios in the san diego area can you reccomend that are not that far up north? My dds like lyrical jazz and contemporary the most... .. I would like for them to improve technique one is an intermediate and the other advanced dancer

If I was going to send my dd to a comp studio in the San Diego area, my first choice would be Danceology! They're amazing at pretty much any style. They have great contemporary, lyrical, and tap. They also have a very strong ballet program.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: