Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Twinkletoesx2

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Has anyone gone this year? I took my dds the other night. It was finally fairly local to us. The show was fantastic! We enjoyed it so much. I did not do the VIP tickets, they were. Just too much money but wish we could have. We loved all the dances, old and new pieces. I just wish Gabby could have done more than just the one tap solo. Would have been nice to see a little more tap. Virgil, Gabby and Derek's solos were my favorites(they were all amazing though!). After the show was over and everyone was filing out into the lobby, we heard screams from outside the theater and a crowd of people. We rushed out thinking maybe some of the dancers were out there but it was a guy proposing to his gf lol. We were a little disappointed but it was sweet to watch [smile]

ETA, Virgil was always my favorite of the men and say what you will about his height but he had no problem whatsoever partnering any of the girls. He is just such a joy to watch. I know a lot weren't crazy about Megz but she killed every dance she did in the show. She also had a huge cheering section. We were wondering if they were from her studio since it's only a 2 hr drive from where the show was.
kmpmom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
I'm so glad you enjoyed it!  We saw the tour in years 4 and 6, and the Canadian tour the one year they did it.  Loved every minute of it (my fav being Year 4).  
cynmckee

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Talk about Jim.  I want to hear about Jim.
3girls

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkletoesx2
Has anyone gone this year? I took my dds the other night. It was finally fairly local to us. The show was fantastic! We enjoyed it so much. I did not do the VIP tickets, they were. Just too much money but wish we could have. We loved all the dances, old and new pieces. I just wish Gabby could have done more than just the one tap solo. Would have been nice to see a little more tap. Virgil, Gabby and Derek's solos were my favorites(they were all amazing though!). After the show was over and everyone was filing out into the lobby, we heard screams from outside the theater and a crowd of people. We rushed out thinking maybe some of the dancers were out there but it was a guy proposing to his gf lol. We were a little disappointed but it was sweet to watch [smile] ETA, Virgil was always my favorite of the men and say what you will about his height but he had no problem whatsoever partnering any of the girls. He is just such a joy to watch. I know a lot weren't crazy about Megz but she killed every dance she did in the show. She also had a huge cheering section. We were wondering if they were from her studio since it's only a 2 hr drive from where the show was.

Yes, there were a lot of her former students and parents (from a few studios) in the audience, as well as, several family members.  Megz is such a lovely and kind hearted young woman, when she came home she made it a point to visit all the studios she's taught in.  It was really funny because when she showed up all the kids went wild, jumping up and down and screaming, she couldn't figure out what all the fuss was about and was looking around to see what they were so excited over, lol.  She also made time teach, what used to be, her regular classes before leaving for the tour. 
Twinkletoesx2

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Cynmckee, I adored Jim too and he was amazing! I know they got on him during the season about letting go of the technique and just performing...well he certainly performed! He had so much personality and beautiful technique to boot! Those feet! He even killed it in HH and his solo was amazing.

3girls, I always loved Megz. I just really liked her style, she is so chill and effortless when she is in her zone. She was so much fun to watch. I always preferred her to Jaja. The contemporary with her and Edson was even more amazing this time around(the one with the t shirts).

jujusmom

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #6 
We saw it and loved it.  Hailee's solo was my favorite and by far my favorite to watch live.  Jaja was not feeling well at our stop and we were a bit bummed because we've been cheering for her for a couple of years.  But the show itself was a great time!  We love getting to see our favorites live!

And if you figure out where the buses are, the dancers always do an informal "meet and greet" on their way to the bus and stop for pictures, signing programs, tshirts or whatever.  And it is free [smile]  
DDdances

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #7 
We saw it and loved it!
Agree with Juju...Hailee shined in everything. I found myself drawn to her in every piece she was in.
Very entertaining show. Catch it if you can!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.