Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 6 of 8     «   Prev   3   4   5   6   7   8   Next
gymmommy71

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #126 
The fish number really needed dancers w/ exceptional flexibility and straight knees to be done well, and neither of those two girls came close to fitting the bill. Isn't thst little blonde a contemporary dancer? I was surprised at how inflexible she was.

I love Derek and think he did the best he could w/ the hip hop. I was so happy he was saved! I think he and Jim are the only 2 that have anything special. For some reason I have not liked Jaja as much as I expected I would - she smiles too much and seems to always be doing the same moves.

The best dance of the night was clearly yorellis and Jim. Interesting how they pointed out that yorellis had tried out before as a contemporary dancer - from that point on I officially became less impressed w/ how well she has been doing w/ the stage styles and it probably kept me from tweeting for her when it came time (I only tweeted to save Derek).

I am also surprisingly liking Jason D. as a judge. I can't explain why, but I just do.
tappinmom

Double Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #127 
The fish number was a hawt mess and you could tell that the girls just weren't feeling it.

Also didn't really care the for the Pin Up number.

The rest I fel were all pretty good but my favorites were Neptune & ??? and the group stage number.
FantabulouslyCherry

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #128 
That fish number...good grief! I loved Neptune and Gabby's dance! I also liked both the stage and street group dances. I'm just going to say it: I'm glad Kate is gone! She came across so fake to me...I just wasn't feeling her. I love that Gabby and Hailey are both still in it.
cynmckee

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #129 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tappinmom
The fish number was a hawt mess and you could tell that the girls just weren't feeling it.

The rest I fel were all pretty good but my favorites were Neptune & ??? and the group stage number.

I think it could have been cool, if they had just been able to channel Cabaret.
tappinmom

Double Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #130 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynmckee
Quote:

I think it could have been cool, if they had just been able to channel Cabaret.

I agree.  I think they both got it in to their heads that this was a stupid number and it showed.  They didn't try and make the most of it and by that age they should know you sometimes don't get the choreography you want so you have to make it great on your own.
3girls

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #131 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gymmommy71
The fish number really needed dancers w/ exceptional flexibility and straight knees to be done well, and neither of those two girls came close to fitting the bill. Isn't thst little blonde a contemporary dancer? I was surprised at how inflexible she was. I love Derek and think he did the best he could w/ the hip hop. I was so happy he was saved! I think he and Jim are the only 2 that have anything special. For some reason I have not liked Jaja as much as I expected I would - she smiles too much and seems to always be doing the same moves. The best dance of the night was clearly yorellis and Jim. Interesting how they pointed out that yorellis had tried out before as a contemporary dancer - from that point on I officially became less impressed w/ how well she has been doing w/ the stage styles and it probably kept me from tweeting for her when it came time (I only tweeted to save Derek). I am also surprisingly liking Jason D. as a judge. I can't explain why, but I just do.

RE the bold: OMG thank you!!! I thought I was the only person who hasn't jumped on the Jaja train.  I just don't like her.  I think she's very good at krumping, but other than that IMO she's just mediocre.
Suzit42

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #132 

So Edson is gone after that lovely performance.  Sads.  Not sure where Derrick is getting all this support form but he has become the master of the last minute save.  Loved Gaby's hip hop dance!!!  I think the All Stars are forcing the choreography level up, finally.

My2DanceLoves

Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #133 
I was sad about Edson too.  He was my fave male.  I am rooting for Gaby and Hailee.  I do like Virgil a lot though too.

I really loved the opening number.  I loved the little moments the best. The subtle quirky movement.  Right up my alley.

Comfort and Virgil smooth hip hop was awesome. I am not sure I have met a Chris Scott routine I didn't like.

I also thought the Pharside and Phoenix routine that Neptune and Jasmine did was fantastic also.

And then there is Edson and Jaimie ..... and Gaby and Joshua.  I though they were the 2 best routines of the night with Neptune and Jasmine coming in just behind. 

A good night for Hip hop and I loved how much jazz and hip hop we got to see.   
Twinkletoesx2

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #134 
So sad that Edson went home. I like Derrick and I think he was definitely trying harder performance wise but he still falls short for me with personality/performance. I loved his solo though and that may be his strength but he needs to be able to dance and connect with others.

I loved the Bollywood with Jaja & Alex (anything is better with Alex!❤) but did not care for Jaja's solo. I really think Megz is the better of the 2 and her solo was awesome.

LOVED Edson & Jaimie! That one is memorable for sure. Also adored Virgil and Comfort ' s hh...I adore anything with Virgil though [smile]

Gabby's hh with Joshua was fantastic too. I really think Gabby is going to win this season.
tappinmom

Double Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #135 
I think Megz lack of technique really showed in her performance this week.  She is good at what she does but she has a long way to go in other areas.

Favorites for me this week were Jaja and Alex, Gabby and Joshua and Virgil and Comfort.  I really thought Jaja held her own with Alex and didn't look like a hip hop dancer trying to do Bollywood.  I thought before watching it that my eyes would automatically go to Alex but I was drawn to them both equally.
highlandmom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #136 
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieBsmom
Suprised noone has mentioned Jim. I just love him, hes amazing but also has such a likable personality.

My daughter just loves Jim. She nearly fell off her chair when Jason (I think that is his name). Told him to throw the technique out the window.
emmymom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #137 

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlandmom
Quote:
Suprised noone has mentioned Jim. I just love him, hes amazing but also has such a likable personality.
My daughter just loves Jim. She nearly fell off her chair when Jason (I think that is his name). Told him to throw the technique out the window.

Could you even believe it when he said that?  My DD nearly spit her drink out!  I mean c'mon...Jim is beyond amazing and his technique gives me goose bumps!

Jason and Paula have really ruined the show for me this year.  If it returns for another season, I will not watch if the two of them are back!

3girls

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #138 
Quote:
I think Megz lack of technique really showed in her performance this week.  She is good at what she does but she has a long way to go in other areas.

Favorites for me this week were Jaja and Alex, Gabby and Joshua and Virgil and Comfort.  I really thought Jaja held her own with Alex and didn't look like a hip hop dancer trying to do Bollywood.  I thought before watching it that my eyes would automatically go to Alex but I was drawn to them both equally.

I happen to know Megz personally, which is why I am responding...Megz is actually trained in all genre's of dance and has excellent technique.  I don't know what's going on with her on stage but she's a much more technically trained dancer than she's shown in her performances.
FantabulouslyCherry

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #139 
Unlike last week, I thought all the numbers were great this week. I was very sad to see Edson go, especially after that amazing routine!
amberdawn76

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #140 
Quote:
Quote:

Personally, I didn't think he meant that he should dance less technically.  I just took it to mean that he needs to focus more on the performance and connection side of things, because his technique is already so strong.  I could be totally wrong though....  [confused]
tappinmom

Double Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #141 
Quote:
Originally Posted by amberdawn76
Quote:
Quote:

Personally, I didn't think he meant that he should dance less technically.  I just took it to mean that he needs to focus more on the performance and connection side of things, because his technique is already so strong.  I could be totally wrong though....  [confused]

That's how I took it too.  I think they meant that his technique is so ingrained in him that he needs to stop thinking about that and worry about the performance because the technique will shine through no matter what.
tappinmom

Double Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #142 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3girls
Quote:

I happen to know Megz personally, which is why I am responding...Megz is actually trained in all genre's of dance and has excellent technique.  I don't know what's going on with her on stage but she's a much more technically trained dancer than she's shown in her performances.

That's surprises me because it is not showing in her performances outside of hip hop.
Beccasmom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #143 
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by amberdawn76
Quote:
Quote:

That's how I took it too.  I think they meant that his technique is so ingrained in him that he needs to stop thinking about that and worry about the performance because the technique will shine through no matter what.

That's what I thought too
3girls

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #144 
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

That's surprises me because it is not showing in her performances outside of hip hop.

I agree, I liked the contemporary piece she was in but I thought her last two performances were shaky.
Twinkletoesx2

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #145 
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I agree, I liked the contemporary piece she was in but I thought her last two performances were shaky.

I liked her all star dance. It was pure entertainment. I loved her solo too.
purplerain

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #146 
Does anyone know that tappers name?
3girls

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #147 
Quote:
Originally Posted by purplerain

I believe it's Gabby
Twinkletoesx2

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #148 
Quote:
Originally Posted by purplerain

Gabby Diaz.
mackiecat

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #149 
Why does poor Jim keep having to do hip hop? Considering Megz was a competition girl since she was bitty.....how is she street? She is a studio trained hip hop dancer
Twinkletoesx2

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #150 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackiecat
Why does poor Jim keep having to do hip hop? Considering Megz was a competition girl since she was bitty.....how is she street? She is a studio trained hip hop dancer

Haha, I said the same thing too about Jim! I think they just want to keep pushing him out of his comfort zone because he is so good technically.

We have competed against Megz studio for years and they are a big hh studio.

While I like Megz, America got it wrong sending Neptune home. He is a stronger all around dancer.

It was a toss up with Derek and Hailee...he is better technically I think but while she lacks flexibility, she is still good and is a strong performer. He lacks in that dept but I thought he was fantastic tonight.

I love Virgil, he can so no wrong in my book. Gabby & Roberts dance was heavenly! So much chemistry between them but then who wouldn't dancing with Robert!

I think in the end it will be Virgil and Gabby.

ETA. Loved both group dances
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.