Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 5 of 8     «   Prev   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   Next
4boysmom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #101 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzit42
Quote:
Originally Posted by bopmom
I am really disappointed they kept Asaf over the other B-boy.  I do believe they should both leave eventually but REALLY the other one was trying so much harder and not complaining and I could see growth in him.

I loved loved the robot routine and just loved that they stayed in character so long after the dance. That made my night and for that they deserve all my votes.

What is irritating me more about this season is Jason and the dumb comments or his lack of knowledge.  I can handle Paula and her ugly clap because at least she knows the proper words and moves.  Also the camera angles are killing me.  NO ONE watches dance this way.  You are suppose to see the entire stage at one time, how else are you to feel the song and see what is going on with all the dancers.  FOX TAKE NOTE.... STOP WITH THE DUMB ANGLES!!!!

I thought the first number with Derrick was beautiful as well.  I even liked the routine with Megz, I thought it was fun and full of energy.  Not sure why the judges tore them up so bad.

And the bad lighting. Stop trying to blind me or distract me. Are you trying to distract me from Asafs horrible technique??

I'm not sure anything could distract me enough from Asaf's horrible technique.
Psmom

Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #102 
The bad lighting and weird camera angle's are not new. I've complained about this every year.
FantabulouslyCherry

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #103 
I'm so disappointed that Asaf stayed over Burim, but I guess he's making strides...no near meltdown over choerography this week! But his technique is horrendous. I LOVED the robot routine, as well as the pretty number with Ja-Ja.
My2DanceLoves

Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #104 
Ok so I got 2 weeks behind , and because I had a small window of time last night decided to skip last week's and just watch MOndays.  I see now reading comments that I would have been pi$$ed last week about Asaf so I made a good choice lol. 

Thoughts on this week's?  

I like Jaja , Hailee and Marissa. I thought Marissa did very well last night and was pi$$ed they sent her home.   Kate should have went home.  I'm beyond over Kate and the favors she gets from genre to  choreographer to choreography to costumes. 

I was so glad they saved Derrick.  Bye Bye Asaf you whine a$$. 

I was disappointed in the lighting for the stage dance.  I get it ,  but I would have liked to see more than one or 2 people at a time.  A little more light here and there would have made a difference for me.   Every time there is a street group dance Yorelis totally catches my eye.  I like her too.  No clear favorites for boys yet for me.    I did think Megs had a good night as well as Ariana.  I did not agree with the judges about the ballroom with the choreographer.  Was it JJ?  I forget what girl , but I thought she fell real flat in the sexy and connected department. 

I agree with what someone said above about the dumbing down of routines this year.  It's rampant.  Bring on the All Stars!!!   [smile]
dncemom01

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #105 
Quote:
Originally Posted by My2DanceLoves
Ok so I got 2 weeks behind , and because I had a small window of time last night decided to skip last week's and just watch MOndays.  I see now reading comments that I would have been pi$$ed last week about Asaf so I made a good choice lol. 

Thoughts on this week's?  

I like Jaja , Hailee and Marissa. I thought Marissa did very well last night and was pi$$ed they sent her home.   Kate should have went home.  I'm beyond over Kate and the favors she gets from genre to  choreographer to choreography to costumes. 

I was so glad they saved Derrick.  Bye Bye Asaf you whine a$$. 

I was disappointed in the lighting for the stage dance.  I get it ,  but I would have liked to see more than one or 2 people at a time.  A little more light here and there would have made a difference for me.   Every time there is a street group dance Yorelis totally catches my eye.  I like her too.  No clear favorites for boys yet for me.    I did think Megs had a good night as well as Ariana.  I did not agree with the judges about the ballroom with the choreographer.  Was it JJ?  I forget what girl , but I thought she fell real flat in the sexy and connected department. 

I agree with what someone said above about the dumbing down of routines this year.  It's rampant.  Bring on the All Stars!!!   [smile]

DD13 actually danced around the room when asshat was sent home.  We both thought Kate should have been sent home as well
Twinkletoesx2

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #106 
If they didn't send ASAF home I was done with the show. He is good at what he does but obviously could not adapt to other styles. He never should have been put through and it's sad that other better dancers had to leave before him.

Loved Megz & Edson, Virgil & Gabby and Jim & Arianna. Stage dance was kind of cool, underwhelmed by street group dance again. Thought it was better than week before but still seemed kind of tame. Guess I keep expecting to see something like you'd see on ABDC.
emmymom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #107 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkletoesx2
underwhelmed by street group dance again. 

Agree...agree...agree! 

DD and I both commented that her competition hip hop dances the last few years were much better than the street dance once again!
dave9988

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #108 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dncemom01

DD13 actually danced around the room when asshat was sent home.  We both thought Kate should have been sent home as well

I could never send any dancer home who was forced to spend a week practicing with asshat.  A whole week of being ignored while everyone tries to think of ways to hide his failings.

#VoteJIM
dave9988

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #109 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmpmom
Still loving JaJa and Jim.

Yup, hope to see those two at the end.  With Jim winning, of course!
tappinmom

Double Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #110 
I have so many favorites this year.  Love JaJa, Jim, Virgil, Hailee, Neptune, the little blonde girl.  The street dancers on the whole obviously have a lot of technical training and are doing really well with the stage dances.
Sabrina

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #111 
I just watched last week's show and FINALLY!!!!! they are showing dances that are actually interesting and memorable.  I surprised myself and loved the MegZ duet.  I wasn't sure what to expect.

Virgil and Yulenia (IDK if I'm getting that right) are my 2 favs.  I can't believe they kept the redhead over Marissa.  There always seems to be one headscratcher that they favor every year, apparently it's the redhead who always gets contemp (her genre).  
tappinmom

Double Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #112 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrina
I just watched last week's show and FINALLY!!!!! they are showing dances that are actually interesting and memorable.  I surprised myself and loved the MegZ duet.  I wasn't sure what to expect.

Virgil and Yulenia (IDK if I'm getting that right) are my 2 favs.  I can't believe they kept the redhead over Marissa.  There always seems to be one headscratcher that they favor every year, apparently it's the redhead who always gets contemp (her genre).  

I think the fix is in for the red head.  She is actually a member of Shaping Sound.
My2DanceLoves

Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #113 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tappinmom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrina

I think the fix is in for the red head.  She is actually a member of Shaping Sound.

And has had Travis for a choreographer a few times already.  The fix is in indeed. 
FantabulouslyCherry

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #114 
It definitely seems fixed for Kate, but I'd take Hailey or Gabby over her anyday!
dancedancedaaance

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #115 
Ok so as I'm watching this right now, the fish routine was dreadful and that is the choreographer's fault. And then Nigel called Ariana "Adriana"! Then called her a dead fish(or something like that). How rude.
IteachM

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #116 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancedancedaaance
Ok so as I'm watching this right now, the fish routine was dreadful and that is the choreographer's fault. And then Nigel called Ariana "Adriana"! Then called her a dead fish(or something like that). How rude.

We are all struggling watching the routines tonight at our house. The fish routine was bizarre. I have found much of the judges' remarks to be lacking in tact. A lot of the issues have been choreography flaws. It's hard for dancers to overcome fatal flaws in choreo. I hope the show closes out well. A bit of a bummer show this week.
Michgal

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #117 
Uggh, I have a feeling this will be the last season which makes me sad  but seriously .....so many things!But what was with Paula giving Megz crap about the trumpet and her pants not being tight enough?? 
IteachM

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #118 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michgal
Uggh, I have a feeling this will be the last season which makes me sad  but seriously .....so many things!But what was with Paula giving Megz crap about the trumpet and her pants not being tight enough?? 

I can't imagine the dancers have a lot of input on props and costume. I agree!
tendumom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #119 
I had to work and missed the episode. Sad to learn it was the end for Ariana. I strongly feel that she never had a chance as she had next to no airtime before the top 20. It was the same for most of the episodes I watched. Because I know her, I would look for her in the group numbers and she rarely got close ups, etc. I felt from the beginning that she was not going to make it simply because the viewing public never had a chance to know her.  She is such a humble, warm, sweet young woman who is an very versatile, well trained dancer. She even had a back story that I don't think was really covered at all and could have been one that pulled people in. 
3girls

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #120 
Quote:
Originally Posted by IteachM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michgal

I can't imagine the dancers have a lot of input on props and costume. I agree!

I agree, the dancers have no control over choreography, costume, or props.  It's ridiculous for the judges to chastise them based on those things.  I was really very unimpressed with most of last nights choreography.  Most of it was just awful, with that fish dance being the worst.
kmpmom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #121 
I liked last night's choreography for the most part!  Yeah, the fish routine was just awful but set that one aside for a minute.

WELCOME BACK SONYA TAYEH!!  WOOOO!!  I was mesmerized by this number. They embodied the movement and their timing and lines and working off of each other was just stunning.  Go Jim and Yorelis!  Thank you Sonya!  Mwah!!  Oh, DD14 was watching this with BDF16 and they both loved it.  Let the season begin!

I've been a fan of Misha Gabriel for a while (he's great with young dancers) and was happy to see him have an opportunity on the show and bring this cool style ...but the dancers did not deliver it fully.  I still liked it better than a lot of the junk from the first few weeks.  Jaja was better than Edson but isn't she always?  [smile]  

Tyce Diorio must have been thrilled to get Virgil and Hailee for his number this week.  He gave them a great, emotional piece and they ran with it.  

Dave Scott's hip hop with MegZ and Derek was actually humorous for the two dancers on my couch.  They laughed happily that he was so earnestly bad at hip hop.  When MegZ came into view I just loved her to bits but my eyes were drawn to poor, tall, upright, extended Derek trying his heart out to have swag and seeming to know how far he was off the mark so he was just going with the flow and having fun.  To me, the way he handled this showed me his personality at last.  And the judges were right - it was the wrong instrument.  But God forbid they turn to Dave Scott and say that.  Or their own costume department.  

After the judges tore a strip off Derek for this number, DD said, "yeah, but if he was a Krumper doing lyrical and sucked at it, they'd give him positive, supportive feedback and gush about him not being in his own genre".  She's right.  

The Stacey Tookey piece for Gaby and Neptune was off the chain.  And SO well done.  Neptune …you're now on my list.  And the way you handled yourself during the judging section?  So so good.  

Usually I'm a big Brian Friedman fan but I agreed with the judges that this piece looked too simple for this level.  He was going for the style but for me neither dancer pulled it off.  

As for the fish routine, one of the not so nice parts of life is sometimes you have to do things you don't want to do, or don't enjoy, or don't feel comfortable doing.  You can't wear that all over your face.  

Really loved both group routines (Sonya Tayeh and Pharside & Phoenix).  

You'll notice I haven't commented on who made it through.  What do you think of the Top 10?  I think the audience got it right, except for one.  
My2DanceLoves

Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #122 
DD and I were sad to see Yorelis go.  But BUH BYE Kate!   We were happy about that one. Overdue IMO.  The blatant favors she was extended were her downfall I would guess.  That and personally,   I didn't really get the hype around her.  

I didn't hate this week.  The Stacy Tookey routine was a real highlight.  And I really enjoyed the Brian Friedman opening number to the Crystal Waters 90's dance song 100% Pure Love.

I am finding I am really a fan of Hailee , Edson and Gaby.   

I kind of liked the fish routine.  But I like quirky and weird.  It's unfortunate that the 2 of them just didn't quite pull it off.  Alexia got screwed 2 weeks in a row.  Last week she was twerking upside down on a wall, and this week a routine the judges clearly hated.  

Gaby and Neptune .... Hailee and Virgil ... and Jim and Yorelis  were my favorite routines of the night.  Just really well done . 

I will say I totally disagreed that Megz was over the top with her facials.  I thought she was very entertaining.

The team street group routine was Ok , clearly inspired by American Horror Freak Show. Team stage was just beautiful.  Team stage wins for me this week.
bopmom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #123 
so many ups and downs for this week.  I had to laugh at poor Derreck and his non hip hop self, but like some said above.  It was nice to see him still have fun with it, knowing he was going to be awkward beside Megz.  I enjoyed the routine and thought Megz did great while trying to not outshine her partner.  Not their fault about the instrument or costumes!!!!
OKKK so did Jason say that this was not Megz worse routine.  ummmmm I don't remember her having a bad one.  I am over him and his non dance knowing comments.  My DD11 and I imitate Jason and make up dance names and say how awesome they were while spinning in a piroturn into a fierce grand jeep and whatever other nonsense we come up with, then we Paula clap.

Sonja Tayeh routine = LOVE
Stacy Tookey routine = LOVE
Hip Hop group routine = LOVE

Fish routine could have been better, I get the weirdness of it, but not a fav of mine.  I do agree that the bent legs were distracting as I didn't know if it was meant to be or not since it was never at the same time.

I get so irritated when the judges comment and put down choreography and costumes to the dancers.  They have nothing to do with that.  They spend half off their comments praising the choreographers so why not when things are bad say something to them as well.  siggghhhhh

So my favs are still
Gabby, JJ, Jaja, Derrek & Neptune.  But heck at this point I am loving the entire top 10 and hate to see any of them go home from here on out.
dancedancedaaance

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #124 
Anyone else notice how when the judges gush over the choreographers, the camera pans to them several times. However, if the judges don't like the choreograpy, they don't show the choreographers?
dave9988

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #125 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancedancedaaance
Anyone else notice how when the judges gush over the choreographers, the camera pans to them several times. However, if the judges don't like the choreograpy, they don't show the choreographers?

and if they don't like the choreo, they seem to blame the dancers.  Hello?
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.