Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 4 of 8      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   Next   »
My2DanceLoves

Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #76 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackiecat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkletoesx2
My2, the dances were done by the original dancers.
the bench however was missing Heidi

Who danced in Heidi's place?
MinnDanceMom

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #77 
Quote:
Originally Posted by My2DanceLoves
Quote:
Quote:

Kathryn McCormick
My2DanceLoves

Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #78 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnDanceMom
Quote:
Originally Posted by My2DanceLoves
Quote:
Quote:

Kathryn McCormick

Ah.  Thanks ladies.
Twinkletoesx2

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #79 
Quote:
Quote:

I missed the very beginning due to a phone call. Dd told me they did the bench dance (one of my favs!) but didn't tell me it wasn't Heidi.
bisous3

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #80 
What a waste the anniversary show was. They did this vote on the Fox website to choose the public's favorites but didn't even put up pieces like Addiction or This Woman's Work as choices. Apparently it had something to do with music rights... which I don't get since they got the rights to use the music once before so why not again?? Then they go through all these successes of past winners and omit mentioning Jeanine's major role on Bunheads. She is my all time favorite winner.
meatball77

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #81 
They also didn't mention Mollie Grey who was in Double Daddy which really was an art piece to be proud of on lifetime.

Here's an article about the movie.  http://www.crushable.com/2015/06/07/entertainment/lifetime-movie-double-daddy-review/
Psmom

Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #82 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tappinmom
I enjoyed the anniversary show.  I thought Robert looked like he was struggling a bit during Fix You and it seemed like Allison gave him some encouragement once it was over.  I loved him as a dancer the first time around but since his accident I see him struggling with things which is understandable.

I really liked Comfort and Jasmine and Mark and Jenna but I could watch Mark dance for hours.

I've watched Roberts performance twice now and thought he was spectacular. I didn't see any struggling
tappinmom

Double Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #83 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psmom
Quote:
Originally Posted by tappinmom
I enjoyed the anniversary show.  I thought Robert looked like he was struggling a bit during Fix You and it seemed like Allison gave him some encouragement once it was over.  I loved him as a dancer the first time around but since his accident I see him struggling with things which is understandable.

I really liked Comfort and Jasmine and Mark and Jenna but I could watch Mark dance for hours.
I've watched Roberts performance twice now and thought he was spectacular. I didn't see any struggling

I guess by struggling I just felt like he wasn't as dynamic as he had been beofre his accident.  Leaps and extensions just seemed less then before if that  makes sense.  I still love him.
Sabrina

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #84 
No Gravity/Addiction dance?  Girl, please.  Hands down the best dance of ALL the seasons.

Also, I am very over the bench dance, as much as I love Travis Wall.

Twinkletoesx2

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #85 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrina
No Gravity/Addiction dance?  Girl, please.  Hands down the best dance of ALL the seasons.

Also, I am very over the bench dance, as much as I love Travis Wall.

I really wanted to see Bleeding Love too. One of my favs.
tendumom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #86 
Finally got to watch a full episode live. 

Not sure if it is just my mood, if the show has run it's course, or what, but it was hard to get excited about much. 

I did watch a great deal for our local gal, Ariana. She still gets so little screen time. I watched who gets more shots during the group piece, who speaks during the clips, etc.  I wonder if it is because she is a more restrained person in real life, as opposed to the "out there, in your face" type. Was very happy that she was saved. She was in the African Jazz number. I wish the choreographer had taken the challenge of using those sticks for more of the number! 
Twinkletoesx2

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #87 
Ok, LOVED Justin Gile's dance, Kate & Neptune had such great chemistry. He teaches at Adrenaline and is one of the favorite choreographers of our girls.

Virgil and Hailee killed that routine! It was so fun and love how they stayed in character even after the dance. Virgil is adorable!

I love Jim and Megz but that was the one of the worst of the night for me, next to that cha cha with Asaf and Marissa.

Liked the trio with JJ, Edson and Yourelis (think I prob spelled that wrong).

The stage team group dance was so good, really liked it. Street group was good too but I liked the stage group's better.

Pissed that they saved Asaf, don't think he deserved to stay.
dancedancedaaance

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #88 
I would really like Asaf gone. I think he looks corny all the time and sloppy 90% of the time.

I actually PVR so I can mostly fast-forward the judge's comments this season. Can't stand them.

The group dances are actually my favourite part this season. And I hate how there's so
Many trios and small groups instead of duets. I just want to look at one boy and one girl at a time and see how they play off eachother!

Love all the girls this season, but very few of the boys. Jaja and Virgil are my favourite.

Robot dance was my favourite of the night!

Excuse me while I go YouTube my favourite dances from past seasons to make myself happy.

dancedancedaaance

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #89 
I just really miss rooting for a couple and loving watching them together! I'm youtubing some of my favourite and this is how it's going..

"Ok I'll type in Benji.. And Donyelle, Allison.. And Ivan, Sabra.. And Dominic, Kameron.. And Lacey"

You get the jist.
jujusmom

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #90 
I hate to admit but I was disappointed after last night's show.  I'm not sure what it is, but it just seems that we could have seen most of them at our comps this season and they would have been danced/performed better.  So sad that our favorite show is struggling this season.  Absolutely loved Kate/Neptune's number and Virgil/Hailee's number - coincidence that the best dances of the night out of the "small groups" were duets?  Loved the stage routine too.

And the club cha cha... my dd commented that the choreographer couldn't put any cha cha in it because Asaf can't even come close to a basic step.  Definitely missing ballroom this season!

Bring back Mary and lose the stage vs. street format SYTYCD.  And STOP talking about how many of the dancers are outside their genre!  Most of these dancers have trained across all the basic genres... we aren't stupid!  Sigh - just my vent for the day [smile]
Sabrina

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #91 
So p*ssed about Asshat still being there.  Especially because the other breaker/Swedish dude tried so much harder and did so much better.  That cha-cha was cringeworthy.

The robot dance was probably my fav of the night and I loved the stage group number.

The street group number was technically proficient, but it was just sort of blah for me.  It looked like something that should have had a singer out in front of it.
tendumom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #92 
I admit I am glad I am not alone! I was excited to finally be off on a Monday night and have the chance to indulge in this guilty pleasure... and it was just eh.

I think it is much easier to be drawn into a duet than into a trio or small group. I think the choreography in many cases was promising but I wanted to see it taken to the next level. I don't even think it was, in most cases, the dancers. I felt like choreography was lacking. For ex, as i mentioned before, the African jazz dance looked so cool with the sticks at the beginning. They got rid of those far too soon. As soon as they tossed those off stage, the number became more ordinary.
Twinkletoesx2

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #93 
Why do you all think they kept ASAF? The constant theme has been that he can be disrespectful and not work hard and that he can't seem to pick up choreo in any genre but his own. Why would they save that? His potential to cause drama? Is he really just holding back now and going to make an amazing comeback? I just don't get it.

Tendu mom, I have felt pretty "meh" about this season. Finally saw some dances I really enjoyed last night. Are the choreographers not stepping to the plate or they just don't have much to work with this season and have to dull the choreo down...

Sabrina, I felt the same about the street group routine. They did a good job but it was not that exciting. I was excited going in to it because they all seemed so excited for it.

How did Kate end up with a contemporary dance again? Anything to do with her being in danger? Coincidence?
tendumom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #94 
I am sure much of this, keeping Asaf and Kate getting a contemporary piece again as examples, is all about the producers pulling the puppet strings, something they've done in most seasons. They try to keep those that they think people will find entertaining for one reason or another, even if it is negative entertainment.

As I mentioned before, it's been interesting (and sad) to watch the lack of attention paid to Ariana. As I watched the episode, I could tell she was going to remain in the bottom. Just minimal air time. Barely shown in the group dance at the start. No on camera interview comments during the episode aside from Nigel talking to her during the judging. Without that sort of attention, there is no way for her to catch the voters attention. One could say that should happen through her dancing, but at this point, we all know there is more to it than that, plus you never see her dance by herself. She is also "street" girl who had jazz pieces the last 2 weeks. I did LOL when the judges were complimented the various street girls for dancing out of their genre. They only get to pick one genre!

I miss the old format. I would have at least liked to have seen them do those short solos to save themselves.
kmpmom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #95 
In prior years when a supposed "street" dancer like tWitch or Fikshun or whomever was given a so-called "stage" style like contemporary or jazz, the choreography was not dumbed down to a level they could handle.  This year I think that's what's happening.  Even when the reverse is the case (as in two stage dancers doing hip hop with a street dancer), the choreographer is not challenging any of them.  Why not?  It's almost as if they've just toned everything down this year, and as a result there is no chemistry, no fireworks, no reason for people to pick up the phone or even tune in the next week.  

Dance is at a point now that what they're doing on the TV show this year is what we see every weekend at regional competitions.  Nigel needs to understand that somehow.  This show has to be the shining star, leading example, driving force behind the goals and dreams of dancers everywhere, not a repeat of what they themselves did or at least saw someone do last season.  

It's rare for fireworks to happen between three or four people - the dynamic is entirely different.  Special in it's own way, but not what people are used to seeing.  The duets are getting the attention and the votes and it's understandable.  

So ....how come Jim has had hip hop two weeks in a row?  How the heck did Asaf survive?  Who are these new choreographers?  I'm really missing the true ballroom dancers this year.  How is Kate getting things right in her wheelhouse week after week?  And not only that, but two duets and a trio with two boys (where she was front and centre the whole way)?  Edson was a real flop for me last night - that entire piece was.  And don't get me started on the "street cha cha".   Loved the robot hip hop - those two totally sold that piece AND danced it well.  Still loving JaJa and Jim.  No one else is really jumping out at me.  Waaaaaaa.....I want the old show back!!!!!
bopmom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #96 
I am really disappointed they kept Asaf over the other B-boy.  I do believe they should both leave eventually but REALLY the other one was trying so much harder and not complaining and I could see growth in him.

I loved loved the robot routine and just loved that they stayed in character so long after the dance. That made my night and for that they deserve all my votes.

What is irritating me more about this season is Jason and the dumb comments or his lack of knowledge.  I can handle Paula and her ugly clap because at least she knows the proper words and moves.  Also the camera angles are killing me.  NO ONE watches dance this way.  You are suppose to see the entire stage at one time, how else are you to feel the song and see what is going on with all the dancers.  FOX TAKE NOTE.... STOP WITH THE DUMB ANGLES!!!!

I thought the first number with Derrick was beautiful as well.  I even liked the routine with Megz, I thought it was fun and full of energy.  Not sure why the judges tore them up so bad.
kellymom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #97 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bopmom
What is irritating me more about this season is Jason and the dumb comments or his lack of knowledge. .

I totally agree-- have to DVR the show so I can fast forward through Jason's comments.  I can't stand him as a "judge."
Psmom

Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #98 
I miss Jessie Tyler Feruson
tappinmom

Double Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #99 
I finally got to watch.  I can't believe they saved Asaf over Burim.  All Asaf did was whine and complain about the choreography and I didn't see any growth from him in the last few weeks.  It was a mistake.

I really love Virgil and Jaja as my favorites which is funny because I am so not a hip hop person.
Suzit42

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #100 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bopmom
I am really disappointed they kept Asaf over the other B-boy.  I do believe they should both leave eventually but REALLY the other one was trying so much harder and not complaining and I could see growth in him.

I loved loved the robot routine and just loved that they stayed in character so long after the dance. That made my night and for that they deserve all my votes.

What is irritating me more about this season is Jason and the dumb comments or his lack of knowledge.  I can handle Paula and her ugly clap because at least she knows the proper words and moves.  Also the camera angles are killing me.  NO ONE watches dance this way.  You are suppose to see the entire stage at one time, how else are you to feel the song and see what is going on with all the dancers.  FOX TAKE NOTE.... STOP WITH THE DUMB ANGLES!!!!

I thought the first number with Derrick was beautiful as well.  I even liked the routine with Megz, I thought it was fun and full of energy.  Not sure why the judges tore them up so bad.

And the bad lighting. Stop trying to blind me or distract me. Are you trying to distract me from Asafs horrible technique??
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.