Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 10 of 10     «   Prev   7   8   9   10
DanceMomof3DDs

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #226 
Where is everyone seeing that SYTYCD has been renewed? Can't find that info anywhere :/
emmymom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #227 
I would be surprised if it were renewed.  The ratings are down fairly significantly from last season (which were down fairly significantly from the season before that).

I know the national rating in the all important 18-49 demographic is .82, down from last year's rating of .94.  That's a 12% drop.  The season average view-ship is 3.2 million an episode.

jwsqrdplus2

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #228 
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmymom
I would be surprised if it were renewed.  The ratings are down fairly significantly from last season (which were down fairly significantly from the season before that).

I know the national rating in the all important 18-49 demographic is .82, down from last year's rating of .94.  That's a 12% drop.  The season average view-ship is 3.2 million an episode.

I bet viewship drops off even more after the "Olympics Break"!  It seem like America is not too fond of the new format either.  AI lost enough steam to finally be cancelled this year so it would not surprise me in the slightest if the same happened to SYTYCD.
joriebelle

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #229 
One reason I liked the regular show was because it was wonderful seeing these dancers who came from obscurity.  I loved following their stories and their journeys on the show.  It was neat seeing dancers specializing in different genres learning different genres of dance.  It seems this year that the kids are doing their own genre every week plus a solo and then perhaps a different style.  I'm not enjoying it as much and also not liking that it seems that many of the dancers were pre-selected without even having to audition but then did a "fake" audition for the show.  Granted that didn't happen with all of them but I know for a fact it happened with some.  It just seems that all the show is doing is giving even more publicity and fame to some dancers that were already well known in the competition dance world.
dmjrm4

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #230 
I am thoroughly enjoying the show!  Seeing the kids dance makes me so, so happy and I'm so thankful for the national platform for my daughter's chosen sport!  To me, it's a celebration of what my DD does every day.  I don't like the end when the kids are voted off, but I appreciate how short and sweet they are making the eliminations, cut that drama down producers!  We are HUGE Tate fans in my household, we know her from NUVO, so we all scream with excitement when she is on, and then burn the lines up voting for her.  I'm sorry the ratings are low, SYTYCD is my favorite TV show of all time.  I've watched since Season 1 and having young people on the show is icing on my cake.  Pure joy!  I like the six finalists and don't want any of them to be eliminated.  My DD tried out for this season and didn't make it, maybe next year?
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.