Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 10      1   2   3   4   Next   »
dmjrm4

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Ya'll complained so much about the new format of SYTYCD The Next Generation and said you weren't going to watch it, but I can't wait to start watching the show Monday night!   My DD auditioned and I can't wait to see it, it will be so fun to see the comp and convention kids she dances with featured on a great show that promotes DANCE for kids.  Bring it on!
ggsmith

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Honestly, now that I've gotten used to the idea... I'm interested.  When they become available on Hulu or the fox site we will probably watch, at least the first episode.  We don't have cable.  
Phx115

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #3 
I'll probably watch the first episode or two to see how it is going to play out. I'll know pretty fast if it will be worth my time based on the dance styles that do well, judging, etc.

Kind of like how I judge a dance comp.
tinydancers

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #4 
My dd9 caught wind of it and is begging me to watch. I hope some of y'all here watch because I anticipate needing to vent about it!
tappinmom

Double Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #5 
I will check it out just to see if it's a train wreck.
2dornot2d

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #6 
I'm going to set my DVR just in case. Thank you!
prancer

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #7 
What network and time please?  I want to watch.  Thanks.  
gymanddance

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #8 
We will definitely be watching as some of dd's friends made it to the all star week/camp. 
FlaPoloDanceMom

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
Originally Posted by prancer
What network and time please?  I want to watch.  Thanks.  

Fox Broadcasting and 8:00 pm EST.
FlaPoloDanceMom

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #10 
We can't wait here!  My daughter has been a fan since 3 and has been going to the tours since 4.[love]
joriebelle

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #11 
I'm not super excited about it but yeah, I"ll be watching.  Maybe I'll like it more than I'm expecting to.
kmpmom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #12 
Commercials and digital ads show kids in overextended positions and adult-looking ballroom costumes.  That tells me just about all I need to know.  
notime

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #13 
Not watching. It's just not for me. I don't really like watching kids dance to begin with and since I see a lot of the dancers that will be on the show at local comps... Well, let's just say I'll be watching bachelorette instead
ChelleB70

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #14 
My 13 yo dd can't wait to see it.  She thinks it's the best show idea since Project Runway Jr!
Suzit42

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #15 
Maybe cause my DD is 17 and not "on the circuit" to be a pro, I'm just not interested in watching little ones dance. BTDT. I'll follow this thread and check your reviews.
Sabrina

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #16 
Barf. Absolutely not.
Twinkletoesx2

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #17 
Missed the first 15 minutes but so far not loving it.
heidi459

Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #18 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzit42
Maybe cause my DD is 17 and not "on the circuit" to be a pro, I'm just not interested in watching little ones dance. BTDT. I'll follow this thread and check your reviews.

Not sure of the connection.  My 16 yo dd wants to dance professionally but watching little dance phenoms?  That would most definitely be at the bottom of my to do list.
dancypants

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #19 
I'll be watching, because DD wants to and I'm hoping it will get her to drag her butt back to dance, lol. Also I like watching really good kids dance, I love when people post videos here. I'm not I to it enough to follow kids on social media (and to be honest the parent-driven you tubes, instagrams etc for kids creep me out a bit) but if there are kids dancing I'll watch. it's a bit of a head scratcher that they changed it to kids, but I never could get into the old format either and always quit watching after 3-5 episodes so its not like it ruined a beloved show for me.
dancypants

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #20 
Of course I will be a day or more behind everyone in the us so y'all need to put up with my belated and probably nonsensical commentary.
judie

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #21 
Nope.
momcrew

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #22 
I have it recording but if I smell even a hint of the show being Dance Mom-esque I won't be watching it. 
dancingymnast

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #23 
DD and I watched last night. Of course DD was looking forward to seeing Maddie, but Maddie wasn't there. I guess she'll join after the auditions are over? DD was existed to see Ava though. [smile]
I'm looking forward to NY auditions. My friend's son, a very talented ballroom dancer, will be there. 

kmpmom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #24 
DD had dance last night and asked me to record it.  I switched over and watched most of it as it happened and while hoping to be impressed, I actually wasn't.  There wasn't anything on that show that I don't see at regional comps in spades most weekends.  I also was concerned at how many of the DM "family" are featured.  If you're going to do an amateur dance show, don't bring in all these kids whose families have been paid to dance on another TV show. I wish every one of these kids well, but I don't think this show is going to be for me.

prancer

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #25 
We watched, and we will watch again.  Not following much gossip, we were surprised to see Sophia Lucia as a contestant - my dd thought there should be some rule against people who are already stars being in a talent contest.  And we were both appalled at the ballroom pair who whined their way into a second audition number.  This really bothered me as a teacher.  Students seem to have developed a mindset that they should get extra chances when the efforts they first submit are not judged or graded favorably.  Nope that's not how it works, and I was bothered that the judges rewarded it.  Otherwise, there were some talented dancers, including an 11 year old ballerina who thought danced beautifully.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: