Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 5 of 10     «   Prev   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   Next   »
my2miracles

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #101 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzit42

DD17 is now 6 foot tall.  It has not been "tough" to be tall.  There are things that her tiny teammates can't do that she can.  But there are some parts she would liked to have auditioned for but she was too tall.  Mainly that was because the costume she would have to fill would not have fit.  And we had to kiss the Rockette's dream good bye too.  But that is life.

Yup my dd will never be a model (even though she has the face and body) or a Rockette (even though she can dance) because she's likely to be 5'4" or 5'5". 
ballerinamom13

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #102 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancypants
I thought the parent thing was weird. The ballroom kids talking about weight loss made me squirm. I am pretty sure Sophia was never a rhythmic gymnast, she has had coaching in stretching at a rhythmic gym but she didn't compete with apparatus. I could be wrong, but I believe you are thinking of Kaylee Quinn, she was for a short time. We watched, I was surprised they showed the people who did t make it like on the adult show, it felt exploitive since they are kids. Mean. I was sure they wouldn't, but DD said of course they would- and they did. I'm not really into it, but if DD wants to watch I will. I'm curious how they will do the dance assignments with kids.

I don't really think Sophia would lie to my dd.  She told her she started out as a rhythmic gymnast...just passing on what she told dd directly.  Choose to believe her or not.
ballerinamom13

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #103 
[image]

Thumbs downer - you are still a chicken sh*t who obviously can't write an intelligent response.  Why are you even on this board? 
Mitzy

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #104 
I watched a couple of videos today (home sick) and I was wondering how many hours dancers like Avery G. and Sophia train? Have they just been lucky to avoid injury when training as much or more than adult pro dancers? They really are amazing.

Ballerinamom13, I know a couple of professional dancers who started out in RG. If I had to do it again, I might go that route for my daughter.
ballerinamom13

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #105 
Mitzy -  Below is a link to the schedule.  I think both girls are in level V.  They are also in advanced pre-pro. I haven't taken the time to count the hours, but it's quite a bit and I know they probably have rehearsal and privates on top of this. 

http://www.masterballetacademy.com/2015-2016-class-schedule/

I

ETA- I'm not sure what level the girls are in. Just guessing it's V...
PrimaMomma

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #106 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballerinamom13
Mitzy -  Below is a link to the schedule.  I think both girls are in level V.  They are also in advanced pre-pro. I haven't taken the time to count the hours, but it's quite a bit and I know they probably have rehearsal and privates on top of this. 

http://www.masterballetacademy.com/2015-2016-class-schedule/

I ETA- I'm not sure what level the girls are in. Just guessing it's V...

Wow, I just clicked on your link!  That's quite a heavy schedule, but what a variety of dance that is offered in a timeline without overlapping classes, I wish we had a great school like that by us!!!
heidi459

Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #107 
Quote:
[image]

Thumbs downer - you are still a chicken sh*t who obviously can't write an intelligent response.  Why are you even on this board? 

They even broke out the alter ego so they could thumbs down you a second time [biggrin]
Twinkletoesx2

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #108 
Haha, I noticed that too so gave her an extra thumbs up!
My2DanceLoves

Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #109 
Thanks for keeping the troll off my back for a bit.   It's someone else's turn to get the thumb down.  [smile]
dancindaughter

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #110 
Sophia is also in Limitless.  DD's groups completed against Limitless multiple times this year. All of the girls are amazing, and their routines were beautiful.
ballerinamom13

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #111 
Quote:
Originally Posted by heidi459

They even broke out the alter ego so they could thumbs down you a second time [biggrin]

And you!!!  hahahahahah  gotta love a sicko!![crazy]
ballerinamom13

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #112 
[QUOTE=1tinydancer][image]

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I got thumbs downed for supporting you![/QUOTE]
Thanks for taking one for me 1tinydancer!!  [smile] And for being a reasonable, intelligent person who can agree to disagree. 
ballerinamom13

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #113 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimaMomma

Wow, I just clicked on your link!  That's quite a heavy schedule, but what a variety of dance that is offered in a timeline without overlapping classes, I wish we had a great school like that by us!!!

Yes, PrimaMomma - dd was very lucky that the owners of MBA decided to settle in Phoenix, within a few miles of our house.  I wish more ballet studios would follow this model - it gives kids such a wide range of quality training and they can still do competitions when they choose. 
ballerinamom13

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #114 
Quote:
Originally Posted by My2DanceLoves
Thanks for keeping the troll off my back for a bit.   It's someone else's turn to get the thumb down.  [smile]

Anytime!!!
Mitzy

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #115 
Omg I was trying to thumbs up you and just thumbs downed you!!!

Ok wait, maybe I was able to reverse it by clicking again!

Anyway, what I wanted to ask: are dancers such as Sophia moving to AZ to train at that studio? Is the family being supported by the dance income?
ballerinamom13

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #116 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitzy
Omg I was trying to thumbs up you and just thumbs downed you!!! Ok wait, maybe I was able to reverse it by clicking again! Anyway, what I wanted to ask: are dancers such as Sophia moving to AZ to train at that studio? Is the family being supported by the dance income?

LOL!! Mitzy - I thought you were my friend...[smile] 
I know 3 or 4 dancers who have moved to Phoenix to train. Two lived with family - both with aunts, I think. I don't know if mom came with with one girl, but she did very well at YAGP in NY and Juliette Doherty left SF to train at MBA and her mom came with her.  I don't know Sophia's story as far as her living situation or if she has family here. 

The dancers I know that have come to AZ don't seem to have money issues in the first place, so I'm not sure about the income question. 
Mitzy

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #117 
I'm so sorry! I have an old glitchy iPhone!
heidi459

Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #118 
Quote:

LOL!! Mitzy - I thought you were my friend...[smile]

Well that still doesn't explain the double downer I got [biggrin]
dancindaughter

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #119 
I have been told that Sophia is staying with Irena and Slawomir.  I can't say that with 100% certainty of course, since I am not personally involved. Regardless, she has become a beautiful dancer and improved tremendously from working at MBA.  Unfortunately too far for me to drive, since DD does not want to be a ballerina.
PasDeChatMom

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #120 
Mitzy - To answer your question, yes dancers (and sometimes their entire families) are moving to Arizona to train. Most of the families I know have jobs locally and just live here now instead of wherever they lived before. Additionally, there are families from all over the state that drive to Scottsdale for training. 
Mitzy

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #121 
Thanks for the info. I guess athletes have always gone to where they can get the best training, but it seems relatively new for competitive dancers.
ballerinamom13

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #122 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancindaughter
I have been told that Sophia is staying with Irena and Slawomir.  I can't say that with 100% certainty of course, since I am not personally involved. Regardless, she has become a beautiful dancer and improved tremendously from working at MBA.  Unfortunately too far for me to drive, since DD does not want to be a ballerina.

Could definitely be true. Kids have come from Poland and stayed with the Wozniaks quite often, so she absolutely could be.  And I agree, she has improved so much from working hard on her ballet training.  It shows! 
sk8jdgca

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #123 
From what I have read, Sophia trains 40 hours a week!
Dance_Angels

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #124 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelleB70
My 13 yo dd can't wait to see it.  She thinks it's the best show idea since Project Runway Jr!
DanceMomof3DDs

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #125 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkletoesx2
Did they say what the prize is for the winner?

Yeah, it's still $250,000 - says so in this article and tonight, they mentioned it a lot in the interviews. http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/sytycd-auditions-kids-new-season-article-1.2641828

A lot of the the interviews were funny, but really, what's a kid going to do with a 250 grand???? 
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: