Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
jjjgirls

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Who didn't see this coming?
http://m.wpxi.com/news/news/local/dance-moms-star-indicted-charges-bankruptcy-fraud/nn29X/
dncemom01

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Didnt one of the real housewives stars get indicted on these same charges??  
meatball77

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Ooh, can that be a reality show?  Abby Lee -- Behind bars>
StepLeap

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by meatball77

I would actually watch that one!
dmjrm4

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Naughty!
dirtchic

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 
How arrogant is she? To seriously think that she could get away with this while writing a book, opening a new studio, all the appearances? Ugh. Annoying as hell.
bopmom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 
not sure how she thought she could get away with that.  If you put all your business out there for the world to see, didn't you think the courts could see it as well?  SMH

5678StarMom

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #8 
Karma!!! I swear, if they don't cancel this show now....
What a train wreck!

I'm kind of interested to see if any of the other participants get looked at for similar things now...tax evasion, fraud? Also, since Melissa was involved in keeping the studio running because of bankruptcy before the show, I'm wondering if she has any involvement.
beachgirl

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dncemom01
Didnt one of the real housewives stars get indicted on these same charges??  

Yep! Teresa Guidice. She served one year and her husband is going to serve 3-5 now that she is out. At least the judge let them serve at different times so one of them could be there to take care of their kids.
FantabulouslyCherry

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #10 
I wonder if she'll yell at her cell mate to POINT THOSE TOES!! Couldn't happen to a nicer person. I wonder if Melissa was involved since she and her boyfriend/now-husband helped her out when she filed for bankruptcy.

Somewhere in Pittsburgh, the sounds for Christi and Kelly laughing hysterically can be heard...
Psmom

Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #11 
Anybody else surprised at how little she earned in all this time through the show and merchandise and appearances?
tendumom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #12 
I wonder if the bankruptcy/reorganization was the studio and not her personally. I don't know enough about this sort of thing, but I am thinking a person can have a business go bankrupt but that person can still have their own funds separate from that of the business and not be bankrupt. 

If that's the case (and I could be ENTIRELY incorrect), than might the funds earned from appearing on TV as a "character" be separate from the actual dance school? So, in that way, I can see the reason behind separate accounts, etc. 

That said, instructing others to hide things from the court is another ball of wax and I can see no possible other explanation for that!
emmymom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #13 
Couldn't have happened to a nicer person! [wink] [sneaky] [nono][rofl]
tappinmom

Double Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #14 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tendumom
I wonder if the bankruptcy/reorganization was the studio and not her personally. I don't know enough about this sort of thing, but I am thinking a person can have a business go bankrupt but that person can still have their own funds separate from that of the business and not be bankrupt. 

If that's the case (and I could be ENTIRELY incorrect), than might the funds earned from appearing on TV as a "character" be separate from the actual dance school? So, in that way, I can see the reason behind separate accounts, etc. 

That said, instructing others to hide things from the court is another ball of wax and I can see no possible other explanation for that!

Up here it would depend on how the business of the studio was registered.  If it was only a sole proprietorship then the owner is linked financially and any bankruptcy would affect both.
tendumom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #15 
Ah... that makes sense. 

I remembered hearing bankruptcy rumors back when the show first began. Don't know enough about any of it. 

It is a little surprising that this is all she earned in that time period. Guess her management takes a huge chunk and she's not taking a huge chunk of those she allegedly manages. 
tendumom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #16 
Just saw a news clip about it. It sounds like it was "just" 750K that she tried to hide, as opposed the amount of money she made. If she gets the maximum and is guilty of all of it, that could be 5 years in jail and 5 million dollars. 
Dancinandlovinit

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #17 
Oh, snap.
my2miracles

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #18 
Quote:

I would so love to see her get screamed at by tough prison chicks!  Now that would be karma!
dncemom01

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #19 
Quote:
Originally Posted by my2miracles
Quote:

I would so love to see her get screamed at by tough prison chicks!  Now that would be karma!

Would love to see her on an episode of scared straight
LJK2dance

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #20 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psmom
Anybody else surprised at how little she earned in all this time through the show and merchandise and appearances?

Remember - the $750,000 was just the amount she CONCEALED.  It does not include the income she did disclose.
emmymom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #21 

I heard she entered her plea..."Not guilty".

She sure is full of herself..."Miller joked with her attorney, telling him to "get a stylist next time." Miller, who wore all black and carried a Prada purse, declined to answer questions outside and instead promoted her shows and related merchandise. She drove off in a blue Mazda 3." 

I hope she gets the book thrown at her!

Here is one of many articles about the lovely Abby Lee Miller.

http://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/celebrity/dance-moms-star-abby-lee-miller-pleads-not-guilty-fraud-n456126

beachgirl

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #22 
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmymom

I heard she entered her plea..."Not guilty".

She sure is full of herself..."Miller joked with her attorney, telling him to "get a stylist next time." Miller, who wore all black and carried a Prada purse, declined to answer questions outside and instead promoted her shows and related merchandise. She drove off in a blue Mazda 3." 

I hope she gets the book thrown at her!

Here is one of many articles about the lovely Abby Lee Miller.

http://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/celebrity/dance-moms-star-abby-lee-miller-pleads-not-guilty-fraud-n456126

I could so see her saying this statement too:

"Let's hope they get the numbers of the expenses that went out," she said when asked if she had any comments on the case.

Whenever something goes wrong, it's always somebody else's fault in her eyes.
FantabulouslyCherry

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #23 
What an arrogant wench!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.