Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
judie

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #1 
DD has finally expressed an interest at a summer intensive for next year. She will be 15. She has a strong ballet background, but would like to focus more on developing her repertoire as a choreographer. She prefers contemporary but has an interest in jazz, as well. She would prefer not to do a ballet only intensive.

I see that Sam Houston has one. Any others worth looking into?
prancer

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #2 
"Elevate" summer intensive offered through the Adrenaline convention company is focused on performing and creating contemporary choreography.  
threegirlpileup

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #3 
My dd is an aspiring choreographer and my sense is that there are very few choreography programs for teenagers.

We are thinking about the RDA program at Sam Houston for next year--though you do have to be at least 16 for the choreographer track.
creativemover

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #4 
I don't know if she is interested in Acro but there is a convention this august in Miami that has heavy focus on how to integrate acro into your choreography so your dance still tells a story and isn't just a collection of tricks. My uncle is the Master choreographer and has vast experience choreographing for all types of dance and stage performances. Look it up its called ACRO Magic events.

I'd post the link, but Im new and not sure if that's allowed.
mom2ztl

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #5 
My daughter attended this summer intensive last summer because of the mix of ballet/contemporary/improvisation/choreography it offers.  She speaks very highly of it:

http://nwdanceproject.org/projects-intensives/summer-dance-intensive/

It was a very intense (6 days a weeks) 4 week program.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.