Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
AAADaNcEmOm

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Hello, 

Does anyone know of any dance summer intensives around the NY/NJ area around the second week of August? 

All the ones I could find end around that time.

tendumom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 

Manhattan Youth Ballet has a summer intensive in August that you can attend by the week or all 3 weeks. There is a performance at the end of the 3 weeks that you can participate if you do all 3 weeks. They get a ton of guest teachers from NYCB, ABT and other ballet companies as well as the occasional Broadway dancer (usually someone with an extensive ballet background). They also get modern/contemporary. The younger dancers get hip hop as well (not sure about the older dancers, dd did not when she went)

French Academie has an August SI. 

Ballet Academy East also has a August program. 

Princeton Dance and Theater usually has a one week ballet program in August. 

Peridance has the Blueprint intensive in August for ages 17 and up

Joffrey Ballet School has some August programs- usually some sort of "get ready for the fall" program

AAADaNcEmOm

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Thank you so much.  Will be looking into them.
tiptoemom

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #4 
If you'll venture in to Pennsylvania, CPYB has their 2 week SI starting July 30th. You can do the first week, second week or both. (strictly ballet) Do you want strictly ballet? If not, I have other suggestions.
AAADaNcEmOm

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #5 
My 10yo dd likes ballet but not as much as jazz, contemporary and hiphop.  
tiptoemom

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Hi. I did not realize her age. Koresh in Philly has a jr intensive, but it starts at age 11 and is that first week in August. They have a nice assortment of really good ballet, jazz and modern along with their mixed style of contemporary choreography. They do offer tap and hip-hop, but I'm not certain how or if it is incorporated in the intensive. They are also starting a pre-pro 2 week SI in mid August, for future reference. Sorry this will not help you for this summer!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: