Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
dance010

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #1 
After long debate, we have decided together that DD will not attend Joffrey Jazz in NYC this summer and save that money for other things. However, she still wants to progress in her technique this summer and was thinking about either taking a local, shorter intensive or open classes. She mainly wants to improve in her jazz technique. Does anyone know of such thing in southern California? I know its late in the game for deciding all this, but it was all a last minute decision. Thank you!
dancermom128

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Dancerpalooza is in Long Beach 7/31-8/6
momma2gap

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #3 
2 Days in OC is the weekend of June 10, it's jazz/HH focused
PasDeChatMom

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #4 
https://www.scfta.org/scfta/media/General/Press/Other/Summer-Dance-2017.pdf

This may be of interest?
tendumom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 
There are open classes in several places in the LA area like Millennium Dance Complex, Edge and Debbie Allen's. You'd have to check age restrictions if your dd is younger. Some of these places may have shorter intensives and workshops too.

In Orange County, Maple Conservatory, which is a strong ballet school, has open jazz classes. 
Ktyyyyyyy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Mather has their intensive, Trans4m, July 27-30. I've heard it's great. It's a mixture of genres. Also, check out Brea Space. They have great classes all the time, and I think they are all drop in. They may also have some one week intensives. Brea Space is run by Krista Miller, Autumn's mom. She's a great teacher, but she brings in so many other amazing teachers.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: