Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
IteachM

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #1 
My DD11 was accepted into the Gelsey Kirkland SI. It will be her first SI away from our ballet school. We are planning to travel with her. Does anyone have any advice or thoughts on economical places to stay (family of 3) while we are in NYC?  Are there good options for commuting or does anyone have suggestions for where to stay in Brooklyn? GKA is in the DUMBO area of Brooklyn.  Thanks so much!
tiptoemom

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #2 
congratulations! Have you checked Ballet Talk For Dancers? They have a sub forum for Gelsey and another for housing in NYC for SI's.
oatmella

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #3 
How long would you need to stay? I would suggest looking at airbnb and compare how much it would be to stay in Brooklyn vs. outside the city (New Jersey, Long Island).
IteachM

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by oatmella
How long would you need to stay? I would suggest looking at airbnb and compare how much it would be to stay in Brooklyn vs. outside the city (New Jersey, Long Island).

1 or 2 weeks. We may stack another SI after GKA.  I've only stayed in Times Square and have very little idea just how involved it is to travel to Brooklyn from NJ (or any where else for that matter).  I'll definitely look at BTFD and see if I can find the thread about NYC SI housing.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: